Appearance Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

My Camry Headlight Fogged Up.. Need Advice Now...

Old 12-22-2011, 12:30 PM
Default My Camry Headlight Fogged Up.. Need Advice Now...

Hey everyone.

I hope I've posted this in the correct forum section. If not, please forgive me..

Anyways, I own a 2004 Toyota Camry (LE) (salvage title, I bought it from a car mechanic off of craigslist), of which the headlight (driver side) has gotten foggy. It's certainly not as transparent as the passenger side light. At first I wasn't sure why one was foggy and the other wasn't, but then I took a closer look at the foggy light and noticed a small crack on the outside casing. I believe this crack has allowed moisture to enter the light. I've heard of people restoring their headlights with special DIY kits, but I've decided to take the route of simply replacing the light with an aftermarket light from an online store. I found two sites that I particularly liked, but I'm unsure of whether or not they are legitimate businesses. Furthermore, I don't want to fall prey to a scam. Has anyone purchased from either of these sites and can verify that they are a legitimate business? The following parts match the oem number of the one I need. Thanks in advance.

https://www.boocoo.com/auction/detai...62&refsrc=gshp
or
Toyota Camry Headlight > AutoLightCenter.com

Old 12-22-2011, 05:16 PM

The restoring kits are for headlights with oxidation. That's what they refer to as "fog." but you seem like you have moisture inside the headlights. You might as well get a new headlight casing since it has a crack on it. Those restoring kits don't lie and they are what they claim they are but you have to be using it for the right reason and that reason is for oxidation. My dad has a 2003 and yeah they were oxidized. I used the kit and now it looks brand new.

Old 12-22-2011, 08:27 PM

replacing it is the best option...but it would cost depending the brand.

Old 12-25-2011, 10:06 AM

Cracks happen, unfortunately!

I would just go with ordering a new one from a reputable place. It's a safety issue, so I wouldn't leave it to a place you're unsure of. And your probably looking at 300 dollars or so, so... make sure it counts!

Old 01-11-2012, 07:25 AM

yes its correct replacement is the best and good decision. and even 300$ i think i doesn't cost much?