Appearance Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tinting for Camry

Old 01-02-2010, 03:04 PM
PXH
Default Tinting for Camry

Hi,

I just bought a 2010 Camry about 3 months ago, and I'm planning to keep it for at least the next 6 years, so I want to do what I can to keep it in the top condition. I also want to make sure that it looks good.

I live in Southern California where the sun can be pretty intense, so I'm considering tinting the windows to help protect the interior and keep the car cool while it's parked. But first I want to get some advice before I go ahead with this.

1. Will tinting the windows help protect the interior if I only have fabric not leather?
2. Will it keep my car cooler?
3. What's the legal limit of darkness allowed in California?
4. Would a Camry look good with tinted windows?
5. How much would it cost to get it done if I decide to do it?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Old 01-02-2010, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by PXH View Post
Hi,

I just bought a 2010 Camry about 3 months ago, and I'm planning to keep it for at least the next 6 years, so I want to do what I can to keep it in the top condition. I also want to make sure that it looks good.

I live in Southern California where the sun can be pretty intense, so I'm considering tinting the windows to help protect the interior and keep the car cool while it's parked. But first I want to get some advice before I go ahead with this.

1. Will tinting the windows help protect the interior if I only have fabric not leather?
2. Will it keep my car cooler?
3. What's the legal limit of darkness allowed in California?
4. Would a Camry look good with tinted windows?
5. How much would it cost to get it done if I decide to do it?

Thank you in advance for your help.
1. It really won't make a huge difference(especially since you don't have leather) but it might help a little bit.
2. Yes
3. CA tinting law- front windows can't be darker than 70%(barley tinted at all), the rear windows can be as dark as you want.
4. I personally think so. I've got 35% all around on my '02. Here's a pic-

5. Prices will vary, but expect to pay at least $150-$200 if you get your windows tinted from a quality shop.

Old 01-12-2010, 09:20 AM
Default Hi

I think consulting for a senior car tinting
officer will be the best way to identify your problem
about your new car. Tinting is good, it also helps to longer
the life of the auto parts such as the car mirror, lights and other stuffs.
Camry car is definitely one of a kind, you better take care of it for its
long service.

Old 01-16-2010, 09:25 PM
Super Moderator

I think tinting is a good idea, especially if your in southern cal where it gets extremely hot during the summer.

1. Tinting the windows will help protect the interior. for example, my girl friend's car is a 01' with no tints, and the sun has done some nasty damage to the black fabric where the head rests are in the back seat. (When i mean damage, i mean that the fabric is changing color.)

2. Yes. my car has tints and keeps my car noticeably cooler as compared to my girl friend's.

3. The rear windows can be as dark as you want them. People tint their front windows but it is illegal to do so in the state of California.

4. Solely depends on your preference.

5. Got 3 back windows done for around $120. I cant remember exactly.