Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

Install a pioneer or alpine head unit 2003 camry

Old 02-07-2011, 05:46 AM
Default Install a pioneer or alpine head unit 2003 camry

Hi guys,

I'm new to replacing cd players in the car but before I start pulling things out, I would like to confirm some things. As the camry is a very common car i hope someone has already gone thru the process and is able to address my questions.

Will detaching the stock cd player activate any car security? I hope this exercise wont immobilise my car. If there is, what is the security deactivation procedure i need to follow to successfully change over the unit?

I'm also thinking of getting this dash kit with wire harness

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....#ht_1422wt_905

is this the right one if i want to solder the wire harness to a pioneer or alpine unit?

Thankyou in advance!
Tim

Old 02-07-2011, 11:15 AM
Super Moderator

Does the car have an immobilizer?

Check the cars radio to determine if it has a security system. If it has one there should be words to this effect on the front of the radio.

What kind of radio setup does the car have now. Radio with build in amp, remote amp, built in CD player, player below radio as a separate unit?

The radio comes out easy enough once you know what you are doing, then you can look at the plugs in the back. Toyota has a 2-plug and 1-plug system depending type of stereo setup.