Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

Toyota Camry 1993 > Head Unit Install

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 02:05 AM
Default Toyota Camry 1993 > Head Unit Install

Hi

Our family owns a Toyota Camry 1993 Model (Round Body). Anyway the cigarette lighter came loose and i had my FM transmitter hooked up to it and was pulling on it and all of a sudden the stock radio/tape player shut itself off and it won't turn itself back on, nor does the LCD display the time (However the buttons are still alight, like glowing in the dark). So i'm thinking i broke a wire or something with regard to pulling the cigarette lighter because that has no power now either.

So i'm thinking this could be a fuse problem, that has short circuited if a wire came into contact with metal???

Seing as the stock radio has kinda carked it for the moment, i'm think i might as well replace the head unit, but i have no idea where to start. I want to DIY as i wanna put something cheap in only.
The problem is there are no screws around the head unit and i don't want to break any plastic so i have no idea how to remove it. Do i have to pry the plastic off or something?

I can post some photos of the head unit if needed, but i hope someones been in this situation before and can give me a hand.

Cheers