Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

Loud noise from aftermarket subwoofer

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2019, 09:36 PM
Default Loud noise from aftermarket subwoofer

2016 Camry XSE non JBL system. I added an amplifier using an Audio Control lc2i. Using signal from the rear speakers. The amp is an Alpine MRV500M.
The issue is that when I turn the car off and open the door and the radio shuts off, after a few seconds I get a full volume tone that lasts 2-3 seconds from the subwoofer. I’ve removed and reinstalled the equipment getting the same results. Any ideas? I haven’t been able to find anyone having this same problem. Thanks

Old 03-31-2019, 01:36 AM
Super Moderator

The radio is ON with the ign key off?

What does opening the door have to with the stereo?

The tone is not there if the door is not opened and ign key is off?

How is the grounding for all units?

The amp may be still powering down after the radio is completely off.

Old 03-31-2019, 03:26 AM

[QUOTE=toyomoho;100186]The radio is ON with the ign key off? Yes, With this Radio Power-Off Delay, your radio continues to operate after key-off – just like many modern cars. After turning the key to off, this unit will keep the radio power active for several minutes or until a door is opened

What does opening the door have to with the stereo?

The tone is not there if the door is not opened and ign key is off? The tone happens each time the radio shuts down whether it’s by opening the door or the time delay shut down

How is the grounding for all units? Both units have been removed and replaced to insure that everything is properly installed.

The amp may be still powering down after the radio is completely off. This is something I will check.

Old 03-31-2019, 04:13 PM
Super Moderator

Is the amps DC power source the same as the radio? The result being both amp and stereo turn on/off at the exact same time.

If DC power is cut to both amp and stereo at the same time, the amp may not be fully powered down prior to stereo being so. This can cause noise issues from the amp.

If the power source is the same for both amp and stereo try the following.

Operate the stereo and amp system normally. Manually turn off the amps 12v DC power source. If the amp has a power on/off switch use this or disconnect the DC power source to the amp. Listen for the tone while the stereo continues to play and eventually turns off or you open the door..

If no tone then the amp may need to be turned off prior to turning off the stereo.

It this is the problem a few suggestions. One suggestion is to install a manual power switch for the amp. The other suggestion is to wire the amp (but not stereo) to a power source that turns fully off with ign key. This rather than like stereo being on for a time or until the door opens, etc then both stereo and amp turning off..

The result will be the amp powers down while the stereo keeps playing for time.

Old 03-31-2019, 08:29 PM

I’ll give that a try