General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

96 camry EXTERNAL AMP Please HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 06:19 PM
Default 96 camry EXTERNAL AMP Please HELP!!

Well I have been all over the internet and to a couple of custom audio places looking for help and all im doing is going crazy!!! OK heres what happened a creek near my house flooded up over the bottom of the door and into the 96 Toyota Camry LE 4 door sedan and thats is where the EXTERNAL AUDIO AMP is located and it must have shorted out!!! I cant find another one is there a way to bypass that or anything? or do they make a wiring harness between the two male ends? or do i bang on it with a hammer? ha can somone please help???

Old 09-03-2008, 08:50 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: 96 camry EXTERNAL AMP Please HELP!!

The remote amp is the amp for the whole system, the radio head in the dash has no amp.

You can most likely find an aftermarket stereo system with remote amp but you may have to change the radio head.

Or you may be able to install combo radio/amp as most cars had. This would require some rewiring but is still possible.

Might also look at other Toyota models such as Avalon that offered a remote amp system.

Have you checked the fuses?

Old 09-04-2008, 02:51 PM
Default RE: 96 camry EXTERNAL AMP Please HELP!!

Well peoples I attacked the Camry stereo and tore it out only to find out the amps wires IN and out both met behind the stereo and I bought a SIX dollar wiring harness that BYPASSED it completely at the back of the stereo allthough there is a stereo amp underneath the seat is just junk now! also i had a old sony explode head unit i decided to put in its place and it was by far the most easy install i have ever done!!! IT looks sharp too!! any thanks for your concern and keep the Toy's a ROLLIN!!