Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

USB drive plays multi-disc albums in wrong order

Old 05-27-2018, 05:18 PM
Default USB drive plays multi-disc albums in wrong order

In our Toyota Camry 2017, playing music from a USB drive has the startling problem that is plays by track number order without paying attention to the disc number tag. So, if you're playing Hamilton, or an Opera, or anything that needs to be played in order but has multiple discs, then the stereo plays (1) track 1 from disc 1, (2) track 1 from disc 2, (3) track 2 from disc 1, (4) track 2 from disc 2, et cetera. Is there any way to fix this? I am comfortable editing the tags for the digital audio files, butit would be a lot of labor to go in and change the track numbers for all our multi-disc albums, since we are heavily invested in classical music, opera, shows. We have thousands of AAC files. HELP!!

Old 05-30-2018, 11:26 AM
Super Moderator

You best bets for answers are the dealer, entune official forum, Toyota Entune | Toyota Entune Forum and News and Toyotanation.

Old 06-27-2018, 11:02 PM
Angry

Originally Posted by wjohnson925
In our Toyota Camry 2017, playing music from a USB drive has the startling problem that is plays by track number order without paying attention to the disc number tag. So, if you're playing Hamilton, or an Opera, or anything that needs to be played in order but has multiple discs, then the stereo plays (1) track 1 from disc 1, (2) track 1 from disc 2, (3) track 2 from disc 1, (4) track 2 from disc 2, et cetera. Is there any way to fix this? I am comfortable editing the tags for the digital audio files, butit would be a lot of labor to go in and change the track numbers for all our multi-disc albums, since we are heavily invested in classical music, opera, shows. We have thousands of AAC files. HELP!!
I have a similar issue but it's not with multiple albums. My 2018 Camry SE stereo will sometime play songs on a single album out of order. Instead of 1,2,3,4... It will play 4,10,11,12,1, 5,6,7.... It will also play albums out of order, even if you put a year inside the MP3 file details or in front of the folder name. I've checked the file #, the file name, everything. Can't find a rhyme or reason for it. Most annoying...