Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

whose got the best system

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 12:19 AM
Default RE: whose got the best system

there is a lot you can still do, but even at cost would be expensive. The other guys system in the stealth isn't any better because of a performance battery and 5 farad cap with a 1000watt Hifonics amp. The battery is great for cold cranking amps but will have little effect on the stereo system. The cap will help some with lights diming but is only a band aid because it is still drawing its power from the battery which is charged from a stock alternator. A fosgate Power 500.1 BD is fused at 100amps and will put out over 1000watts, the hifonics 1000D is fused around 80amps and will max out at 1000watts.

For a 150 DB car you would ideally need to dynamat your car, the whole inside of your car with at least a couple of layers. Then you'd want to wall off the inside of your car for the enclosure. Either at the rear seats with the opening to the trunk, or directly behind your front seats. Then your ready for your large ported box and extra batteries and amps. All of thatis very expensive, even at cost. Plus not very practical for an every day driver.

If you get a chance go to a USAC or IASCA sound compation and see the cars there that are doing 145+ DB and what they look like. I'm not trying to discourage you, but there is a lot more to it then people tend to think.

Old 10-20-2007, 12:31 AM

um i am going to dynamat my car.. but as a full time students its hard to squeeze in time to do that kind of stuff. and i know them comp car look like. i have a friend thats does it with his tundra. he hit 147.6 on term lab. i seen what he has done and shared his build with me. and my buddy who own his shop also has he own comp car a civic hatch to be exact. my amp is 500.2 fused at 80 amp. and who said i was going for SQ? i may not know as much as you do, but i know enough that i know what is right and what is wrong. im not going enter my car into comp or metered it with a term lab. im just going with audio control which measure the air pressure which im going for. so therefore its much easier to hit a higher number then term lab which measure the quality. yes this is my daily driver. and who said i was gonna be going around town with up all the time?

and like i tell people, if you dont have the money then slowly build up and take your time doing it right the first time. thats why im slowy progressing my way up. one item by item im upgrading when i have the money and time.

Old 10-20-2007, 12:43 AM

"and who said i was gonna be going around town with up all the time?" I dont know, who?

"and who said i was going for SQ?" I still don't know, who?

Old 10-20-2007, 01:20 AM

"Plus not very practical for an every day driver." hmm.. heard of bass ****?

and like it seem like you dont knowthe different between term lab and audio control metering system. on term lab, its cost a **** load to get in to the 150 dbs but on audio control its not as hard. 1320 watts rms to 2 15s in a custom tuned ported box hits 155+ with ease. so if you think about it, i have half the power and 12s instead of 15s with less modding done to mine car. so if i was to do the same mods as my friend did i could do at least mid to high 140 dbs easily maybe even tap the 150 dbs if lucky enough. and like i said, i may not know as much you do, but i know enough to not **** anything up.. and if i do run into troubles, i have reliable sources to fall back on.

Term Lab = SQ (Sound Quality)
Audio Control = SPL (Sound Pressure Level) <--- the one im going for...

meter my car on audio control BEFORE i got the cap. with stock alt.

nothing speical but that little set up cost me about $700 brand new everything. and being able to hit 139.6 dbs with 500 watts in a sedan is not bad.

Old 10-20-2007, 01:16 PM

Looks nice, my reference to daily driver has nothing to do with how loud your systems is, or turning the bass up and down. (Yes I've heard of a bass ****, and volume control, and having a radio with subout control, and said radio that can turn subs off and on) Its in reference to the mods made to a vehicle in order to achieve higher SPL for competition purposes. I also don't understand why you assume termlab has to do with sound quality/SQ.Sound is measured in DB and weather it is for SQ systems who get points for every DB over 130 orSPL vehicles that go for maximum DBit is still the same. An offical reading taken from the dash with said mic. When you said you wanted to get 150DB I assumed you ment for competition purposes or offa competition setup. Not onwhatever audiocontrol setup you are using. The pictures included would be of said comp vehicles for SPL that average 148-155DBs

[IMG]local://upfiles/3998/C0C44A48513B41F98E864D679B09EDF6.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/3998/AA99D8D00EFE445B8E6F60CFB69D21CF.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-20-2007, 01:22 PM

termlab it didn't mention sound quality. It is used by DB Drag, MECA, NSPL(national sound pressure league), and USACI as there offical meter.

The Term-LAB USB system is a precision measurement instrument that utilizes a combination of hardware and software technology to measure the sound intensity inside of a vehicle. (Term-LAB requires a PC or laptop for operation.)

Term-LAB is based on award winning innovative technology that changes the way sound is measured inside a car. The heart of the system is the Precision SPL Sensor that attaches to the inside of the windshield with two suction cups. This attachment method alleviates the need for bulky microphone stands. In addition, the Precision SPL Sensor is based on Sensor Technology instead of the antiquated microphone capsules that have been used in the past.

Old 10-20-2007, 01:46 PM

the reason why i mention teh diference between SQ and SPL cause usually a car will meter higher on a SPL then it does on SQ. for instace my friend's tundra. he hit his 155+ on SPL but does a 147 on SQ. and he have twice as much power and mods then i do and its his daily driver too.. so if i was to get near what he has done to his, i might be able to hit in the 140s rang. and when i metered my car i wasnt using a tone disk, took a song and played it till it peaked thus 139.6. so if i was using a tone disk at my frequence then i would of been in the low 140s with my set up already. so if was to double my wattages and up the level on my subs/wires to awg/alt/battery, then i should be too far away from 150 dbs..

and here is my buddy's tundra.

Old 12-03-2007, 11:12 PM

After I am done I will show you all my install..........hehe

Old 01-08-2008, 10:58 PM

1999 Camry xle v6

System: elemental Designs
(2) eD 13Kv.2 + (1) Nine.2x [600 watt rms total]
DLS MS6A Components + NIne.2 [100 watts to each speaker]
Kenwood MP5032 Headunit

Old 01-25-2008, 05:54 PM

Just got my 05 Camry LE on 1/23/08 and I've been on eBay all morning ordering my system...

Kenwood Excelon KDC-X891 Headunit

Kenwood Excelon KAC-X20 1000/2 Amp

Kenwood Excelon KAC-X40 800/4 Amp

2 x Kenwood Excelon KFC-X6900 6x9" Rears

2 x Kenwood Excelon KFC-X1710 6.5" Fronts

2 x JL Audio 12W3V2 Subs

Has anybody installed front speakers on their 02-06 Camry? If so, is it very difficult? Also, any recommendations on a box for the 12's?

Thanks,

-Chris

Quick Reply: whose got the best system