Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

whose got the best system

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 06:43 AM
Default RE: whose got the best system

Panasonic CQ-VD7003U 7" Indash
Alpine SPR-17S 6.5s Comps
Alpine SPR-69C 6x9s
HDC315 in 3.5cuft @ 37hz
ZX1000.1
ZX250.2
4 Gauge Wiring

[IMG]local://upfiles/1434/F2E00505DACA4D1FAB81FBBD65699DF2.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/1434/C759249AD12B4EE3A086655FC21FD031.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/1434/2DD362D1191D46CFA050216C038853D3.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/1434/74022405327146489F80521367B3D65B.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/1434/079E535C944A475BA9F9EAB78EADE38E.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-27-2008, 08:13 PM

hey right now i cant pick what kind of system i should get. ive got 4 diamond d6 15s 2 t1 rockford 12s im tryign to sell fora new system rebuildim thinking about buying 4 more p2 15s rockfords amd installing the p2s. im looking for the custom system of a fiberglass box in my back seat wit 4 15s but is it really worth ripping my back seat out or should i just settle wit 2 p2 or p3 15s in the trunk.

Old 04-27-2008, 09:38 PM

Sony xplod h.u
stock fronts+rears... for now
2x 12" kicker pro comp subs
1600w scosche cap
1200w xplod amp

no pics yet, but hopefully soon.

i know I dont have the best system, I really like that h.u.. I just like not going stock

Old 05-06-2008, 12:31 AM

For my black '04 Camry LE, I have a Pioneer bluetooth deck with the phone capabilities (the mike is mounted on the driver side headliner, and the ipod is hardwired into the stereo. As is the Sirius radio. And the Sony dvd player I mounted on the dash is connected to the stereo. And it's video signal is also split twice to the 4 other screens (2 in the headrests, 2 on the visor's) for a total of 5 screens. The headrests have built in dvd's, so my daughter can watch something different in back, but then she has to put on headphones. The sound of the dvd's through the car stereo is the great, even if it's mono split. I also put in GPS, radar detector, radar/lasar jammer, and hard wired about 12 LED strips, bars, tubes, etc. all throughout the car with one switch by the steering wheel. Put in a custom embroidered Katzkin leather interior. Compustar alarm. Black 17" Sacchi Rims. Brembo brakes with Hawk ceramic pads. Tinted the windows complete black, as well as blacking out the taillights and putting headlight covers on, removing all the emblems, custom painting all the chrome black, on a black car. Black windows, rims, black everything. It looks like the f-cking batmobile from Batman begins. Put on a $500 TRD muffler, Injen short ram air intake, and pretty much every extra you can find (i.e. 5 million candle power spotlight, fridge/drink cooler, etc.) As for the stereo, it's a work in progress, but I put in a 1000 watt kicker mono amp to power two Kenwood "12's. And another kicker 4 channel amp to power all the factory speakers, which I replaced with JVC 6x9's in the back and MB Quart 6.5" in the doors. I dynamatted the trunk and also added a batcap to handle the amps. I put ventshade deflectors on the windows and Toyota mud guards on the front and rear. Also put in a piano black wood dash kit. All the cords for the GPS, IPOD, Sirius, Radar Detector, Radar/Laser Jammer, Sun visor dvd's, Dashboard dvd, and all the LED spotlights might have posed a problem, but everything is covered by the black dashboard cover - which works perfectly for it. Looks beautiful. So I bought this car for $15,000 in February. Since then I've put $13,000 into it with all the toys. People keep telling me I could have just bought a new car then - to which I reply, "Yeah, but it wouldn't look like this." And this car turns heads. I'll be posting pictures soon.

Old 05-26-2008, 02:32 PM

Here's the link to look at all the **** I was talking about. Feel free to comment, I'm always open to suggestions.
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...&id=1056653715
Click on the image in the top left corner, then just click on each picture to go on to the next one. There's a description of all the mods on the bottom of the pics.

Old 05-27-2008, 09:04 PM

IMO you'd feel the kick a lot more if you had the subs turned around. Unless you're treating a hostage in the trunk with some serious bass [:-]you might as well give the people in the back seat a massage

Old 05-27-2008, 11:31 PM

Yeah, that's what I thought too, but I all the professionals in town said you want the subs facing to the rear or you'll get phase cancellation. They say since bass is non-directional, it doesn't matter, but if you face them front, phase cancellation (or some ****, I forget the exact term he used) would make it sound like ****. I took it to 3 different places (Sound Decision, Install Pro's, and Best Buy), and they all told me to face the subs to the rear. It still doesn't shake the mirrors off the cars around me like I want though, so I'm going to add another 1000 watt amp and go with the JVC Aresenal dual coil subs (which are like $200 a piece, but they supposedly kick like a bull in heat).

Old 05-28-2008, 10:03 PM

..so I'm going to add another 1000 watt amp..
Haha thats what I like to hear! Yea I havent had any issues with my kickers facing into the cabin, I really like the sound but I guess you could be right so tomorrow I'll face them the other way and see how they are. I tell you tho, with my 1200w amp and 2 kicker comp 12s, I can still feel heavy vibration not only on the trunk but on the hood. I turned on the subs and the foglights and watched a strobeshow, I was amazed at the shake. I dont typically do all bass no music but i wanna build up my system and enter it into dB competitions too.

Old 05-29-2008, 02:31 AM

I'll be honest Jay, I know nothing about any of this ****. I'm in law school for God's sake, I read 200 pages of law books every day - I don't know sh-t about cars. But I bought this one and wanted to do a few things to it. Those few things got out of control and well...$12500 later. But I am learning a lot as I go. My buddy did the stereo install for me, and so when he said to face the subs to the rear, I went around and double checked what he was saying and all the places backed him up. I am having a lot of fun with it though, and I guess that's the main thing. Yeah, Camry's are family cars, and I have a kid, but I'm still young enough where I want my car to look cool - family car or not. My baby's mom told me I blacked out the windows just so girls wouldn't see me rolling around with my kid.

Old 05-29-2008, 04:25 PM

Haha I woulda told her it was for the kids, like tint was originally suppsoed to be! "It keeps the sun out of their eyes and protects skin!"

Yea I know how you feel about the whole family car thing. Im also a father but Im 19, not 90. A car to me isnt just an A-to-B thing, its supposed to represent you. Thats why I say, make it your own. Tweak it out. Have a ball. I plan on doin the same thing, but considering Im workin minimum wage at Kappys Liquors, its kinda gonna take me a little while. So yea, it is a family car, but who says family cars cant be fun?

Keep up the good work, and I'll definitely be tryin out the sub reverse later today.

Quick Reply: whose got the best system