Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

whose got the best system

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 01:06 AM
Default RE: whose got the best system

Without any pictures makes this thread FAIL. Post pics guys so we can see what ya got done. Thanks to the guys that posted but (no disrespect) we can do better than that.

Old 03-01-2008, 08:01 PM

I'll takin the braggin rights for the best system, I manage a car audio shop so i have a slight advantage.

Alpine w205
Alpine Blackbird Navi
Alpine 701 5.1 dolby digital processor
MBQuart PCE-216 fronts
MBQuart RCE-269 rears
Alpine Single Din Center Channel
Jl Audio 1000/1
Jl Audio 300/2
Jl Audio 300/4
2 Jl Audio 13w6v2 in custom box
Stinger 30 Farad Cap
Optima Yellow Top Battery
Alpine Pkg-1000, 10.2 inch Dropdown
4 Bulk Packs of Dynamat

It Hits 162 db's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-02-2008, 03:36 PM

1994 Camry LE: Everything non stereo is stock.

I am right in the middle of making some changes. Right now my Punch 225 '98 series amp is on e-bay and I just won an auction for: a Orion 225 HCCA gen one, Orion 400 BDG bridging module, and Orion 300 CRX crossover

I have a Kenwood Excelon KAC 559, has some nice options in the deck EQ. No plans to upgrade deck quite yet. I am going to put an MTX Blue Thunder Pro 504 cheater amp on my front stage for now, maybe try all four speakers and see how it sounds. I run a gen one Orion 250 HCCAon a single Eclipse Aluminum 88120DVC. I am in the process of purchasing another very lightly used 88120DVC (and my amp is .5 ohm stable so I am ready to go for the 2nd sub).One more for right now with more to come.On myfront stage I have Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1 components, Kappa 6X9s in the rear. I am in the midst of shopping for new front stage, though. I am looking at everything from:

(A)Orion Concept 98.1 (to keep with the Orion theme)

(B) Old School RF Fanatic, Polk Momo,etc

(C) Morel Elate 6 2W

(D) JBL 660 GTi

(E) Phoenix Gold Ti 6.5 components

and more...

Right nowI am leaning to the PG. I play a little of everything from country to rap, but more rap and blues than anything. From what I am gathering the PGs would be a good choice for a good powerful speaker with strong bass that is still audiophile grade. Maybe some new old stock like the RF Fanatic series, old Momos, etc, too. Obviously I have a long way to go to figure it out! haha. Some high end componentsjust don't seem to suit what I am looking for and what I listen to.

P.S. I'm under the weather but I will take some photos soon.

Old 03-02-2008, 11:29 PM

Im sorry but spending lots of $$$ and hitting the dBzzz is not the best system IMO. Those MB Quart speakers are definitely not the best (think Dynaudio, Rainbow, Morel, Seas, etc). Remember that "BEST" is an subjective opinion though. Check out this Camry setup and tell me your system sounds better than his http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2561833

ORIGINAL: camry1326

I'll takin the braggin rights for the best system, I manage a car audio shop so i have a slight advantage.

Alpine w205
Alpine Blackbird Navi
Alpine 701 5.1 dolby digital processor
MBQuart PCE-216 fronts
MBQuart RCE-269 rears
Alpine Single Din Center Channel
Jl Audio 1000/1
Jl Audio 300/2
Jl Audio 300/4
2 Jl Audio 13w6v2 in custom box
Stinger 30 Farad Cap
Optima Yellow Top Battery
Alpine Pkg-1000, 10.2 inch Dropdown
4 Bulk Packs of Dynamat

It Hits 162 db's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-02-2008, 11:32 PM

bmrsnr303:

Those Pheonix Gold Ti are basically rebranded Morels I hear great things about the JBL GTi components as well. That being said, how much are you willing to spend? I would personally go with the Morels, the MT-22 tweeter is very very nice

Old 03-04-2008, 01:15 PM

I will actually be installing boston acoustics all the way around next month. Spz's in the front and the pro's in the back should be a little bit of an improvment.

Old 03-23-2008, 06:55 PM

I just purchased a 2009 Camry SE. I"m going to be installing the following.

McIntosh MX406-Headunit
Boston Acoustics SPZ60-Front Components
Boston Acoustics Pro60-Rear Components
Boston Acoustics GT24-Amplifier for front components
Boston Acoustics GT22-Amplifier for rear components
Boston Acoustics GT24-Amplifier for subs
Boston Acoustics a pair of G310" subs
CompuStar 2 way security and CompuTrack tracking system

Old 03-23-2008, 09:59 PM

Finished....the car was judged as an 82 on Saturday at alocal MECA show[/align][/align][/align]view all pics here [/align]http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/f...howtopic=15936[/align]since the file was too large to upload them here.[/align][/align][/align]list of equipment is as follows[/align]Pioneer Premier DEQ P9[/align]Pioneer Premier DEQ P9[/align]Hybrid Audio Legatia L1 in the modified pillars[/align]Hybrid Audio Legatia L3 in te dash(polyfilled and sound deadened)[/align]Hybrid Audio Legatia L6 in heavily modified doors[/align]Sound Solutions Audio Icon 12 (custom tooled for IB)[/align]Sundown Audio 100.2(tweeter amp)[/align]Sundown Audio prototype 1200D (subwoofer amp)[/align]Phoenix Gold MS1000 (midrange and midbass amp)[/align]400 square feet of RamMat [/align] [/align]

Old 03-24-2008, 09:08 PM

Any reason why you chose the Boston amps? The reason i ask is because they are overrated and there are honestly better amps out there for the money. Very nice choice on the HU and alarm though

ORIGINAL: gonzalezjm30@aol.com

I just purchased a 2009 Camry SE. I"m going to be installing the following.

McIntosh MX406-Headunit
Boston Acoustics SPZ60-Front Components
Boston Acoustics Pro60-Rear Components
Boston Acoustics GT24-Amplifier for front components
Boston Acoustics GT22-Amplifier for rear components
Boston Acoustics GT24-Amplifier for subs
Boston Acoustics a pair of G310" subs
CompuStar 2 way security and CompuTrack tracking system

Old 04-08-2008, 01:56 AM

ORIGINAL: camryd3

hey i just wanted to set a post just asking some of the installs you guys did on your stereo and who has the best system in their camry
just wanted to see who gets the bragging rights on nicest system
No one had posted their head deck pictures. No one would like to show some serious setups here. I would like to have someone to be my guide setting up my own.
__________________________________________________ ____
The latest bmw 740il fog light | The latest bmw 740il headlight

Quick Reply: whose got the best system