DIY - Do It Yourself Within you will find how-to's on many aspects of modding and caring for your ride as told by your fellow members.

1995 Camry v6 LE Lower Control arm Rebuild question.

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2021, 02:06 AM
Default 1995 Camry v6 LE Lower Control arm Rebuild question.

Finishing up an timing belt since have not had time to get to it. However lower control arm bushings, all not good and want to rebuild.

Can buy new arm but trust the quality of the old arm compared to new.

Want to ensure I understand parts and how to remove. Please correct me.

1. Rear lower control arm bushing - Tool to remove bushing and install once off car. I understand how to remove from car.

2. Ball joint connection - I understand removal of bolts and pry out and reinstall.

3. Holds lower control arm in place - Understand how to remove from car. Can the rubber be easily removed and installed?

4. Sway bar link - Replaced a while back. Easy to remove.

Note:

Understand the sway bar must be disconnected from both sides to remove lower control arm out.

Old 10-21-2021, 02:23 PM
Super Moderator

You may have to get the steering knuckle out of the way or unload the suspension arm from the strut and spring system.

Unbolt the sway bar and ball joint brackets.

Unbolt the sway bar horizontal and vertical bushings.

The vertical bolt may be a challenge to remove due to rust and corrosion. Before doing any work, might try slightly unloosening the horizontal and vertical bushing bolts first to determine if they are free. If not free then you need to plan for this which can be a challenge. Here the internet has lots of videos and posts on what to try and what tools are needed..

Old 10-24-2021, 02:04 AM

Thanks. That's a good idea to try and see if the bolts move. The bushings have been replaced on the sway bars both sides so that should be fine.

However, PB BLASTER first then see if the bolts will turn before taking apart. On the internet it shows how to push out the lower bushing on the control arm picture below with a homemade tool or rental. The ball joint just bolts on/off. The smaller bushing at the top of the picture below should hopefully push out and push the new one in.