DIY - Do It Yourself Within you will find how-to's on many aspects of modding and caring for your ride as told by your fellow members.

2006 AC blowing hot on one side

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2020, 07:39 PM
Default 2006 AC blowing hot on one side

Hello forum, my daughters 2006 Camry for some reason seems to have an issue every year around August -September where the AC works all summer but around the end the left side blows hot air when the AC is on. So this year a mechanic buddy of mines decided to look into this further for me and found that the door on the right side of the box has full control and full air when ac is one and the door on the left side has half air and half heat when the ac is on. he also notice in manual mode the right door open and close all the way but the left door doesn't close all the way. This isn't a dual control set up so it only has one actuator installed as you can see by the controller. We have been able to find a drawing of what the box looks like on the inside or figure out what may be causing this, don't think its worth trying to change the whole box. If anyone has had the problem and has ideas or a picture or diagram that could assist please share, any assistance provided is very appreciated as well. Pictures included

Thanks

Old 10-10-2020, 09:06 AM

Should I have posted his in general tech?

Old 10-10-2020, 01:45 PM
Super Moderator

Is this a manual or automatic climate system? Appears manual based on control layout yet you referred to auto operation.

You stated you have a system diagram or don't have a diagram?

Did you check A/C system line pressures to determine if the system was low on Freon? Given the duct work is the same until it divides between left and right may not make sense, but owners have noticed one side blows hot when Freon is low.

Old 10-11-2020, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by toyomoho
Is this a manual or automatic climate system? Appears manual based on control layout yet you referred to auto operation.

You stated you have a system diagram or don't have a diagram?

Did you check A/C system line pressures to determine if the system was low on Freon? Given the duct work is the same until it divides between left and right may not make sense, but owners have noticed one side blows hot when Freon is low.
Sorry when I said manual I meant manually controlling the doors by hand and watching them. And yes the levels were checked first and are fine

Old 10-15-2020, 03:44 PM
Super Moderator

Don't know.

The manual system does not have separate air mix dampers .If the left door is not not working suggest checking the motor. Motor failure is common. The left and right side air outlet doors should move in sync.

The system does have a diagnostic system if you have an ODBII scanner that can read Toyota "C" codes