DIY - Do It Yourself Within you will find how-to's on many aspects of modding and caring for your ride as told by your fellow members.

2008 Camry A/C Problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2013, 10:33 PM
Default 2008 Camry A/C Problem

Hello!

I have a 2008 Toyota Camry LE 4cyl that blows warm air when I turn the air conditioning on. How do I check if the compressor is still good? I cannot see any clutch that engages when I turn the a/c on unlike the compressor on my 02 Toyota Tundra. I just wanted to make sure that the compressor is bad before I buy a new one or could it be just the climate control that is bad?

Old 05-12-2013, 10:58 PM

Or it can be many other things. You system is likely empty. Hence, compressor will not turn on. Hence, you have leak somewhere and it is pointless to do any replacements, until leak is located and mended.
hence, best course of action is to have that resolved first, which means - either trip to independant well priced a/c shop, or buying leak dye and charging system with it. Then you can see where leak is.

Old 05-12-2013, 11:19 PM

The first thing I did was to check for any sign of leaks and there was none. I have a manifold gauge and the system is holding a charge. Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Old 10-21-2014, 12:52 PM

I was told by a Toyota technician that very rarely does any camry compressors from 2003 on Fail because of the new clutch design(no more "Click" when it engages,he said its an electronic clutch inside the compressor or something like that,he said he has never had a bad compressor come in the service dept,but leaks and condensors and evaporators

Old 10-28-2019, 06:28 AM

Hey man I had the same problem but with the air conditioning in my car I didn't even call in service center because I have a friend who used to work in https://www.socool.sg/ and he fixed it in a couple of minutes since he's a professional in air conditioning . Unless you know someone who knows what to do than you should try to fix it yourself, look on the Internet a couple of videos I don't think anything serious happened to it

Old 11-13-2019, 06:26 PM

Are you experiencing any issues with your Instrument Cluster (Speedometer)?
I ask because a few months ago i was experiencing the same exact issue with my A/C, along with my Cluster acting crazy. Did a bit a research and turns out my ABS Module was going bad and the problem was pretty much in the electronic aspect of the ABS System (weird huh), dealership was charging an arm and leg to get it replaced. Long story short i took it took this Shop out in --- Riverside CA --- called --- Digital Auto Technology --- who exchanged mine for less than a quarter of what the dealership was asking. Been 3 months now is it is still working like new! Finally get some cold air, but soo much for that since summer is basically over in California. Hope this helps some of you experiencing the same thing. By the way here's a link to the Long Story, if any of you are interested. https://www.camryforums.com/forum/ge...e3/#post101708

Here's their website: Digitalautotech.com Digital Auto Technology

Take Care