DIY - Do It Yourself Within you will find how-to's on many aspects of modding and caring for your ride as told by your fellow members.

2018 Camry - 2 windows not rolling down after battery change

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2023, 12:41 AM
Default 2018 Camry - 2 windows not rolling down after battery change

I have a 2018 Camry. After a battery change, the front passenger's side window and the back driver's side window will not roll down. These 2 windows will not operate from the door switch or the master control. The other 2 windows operate normally from the door switch and the master control.

Any ideas?

Old 02-28-2023, 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by banastre_tarleton
I have a 2018 Camry. After a battery change, the front passenger's side window and the back driver's side window will not roll down. These 2 windows will not operate from the door switch or the master control. The other 2 windows operate normally from the door switch and the master control.

Any ideas?
I should also add that the window lockout switch doesn't work for any of the windows. It seems like the master switch is bad, but it seems too coincidental that the master switch would go bad at the same time as the battery.

I ordered a new aftermarket master switch from Amazon. I hope it works. I don't want to pay $400 for a switch.

Old 02-28-2023, 12:04 PM
Super Moderator

Assume it’s NOT a damaged switch issue but related to the disconnected the battery. The windows and doors locks are controlled by a computer. Disconnecting power to the computer can cause operational problems.Search the internet on resetting Camry windows and door locks. This involves some method of using the cars door lock and window switches as holding one switch up or down for X seconds, etc. Does this BEFORE changing any switches!

Old 02-28-2023, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by toyomoho
Assume it’s NOT a damaged switch issue but related to the disconnected the battery. The windows and doors locks are controlled by a computer. Disconnecting power to the computer can cause operational problems.Search the internet on resetting Camry windows and door locks. This involves some method of using the cars door lock and window switches as holding one switch up or down for X seconds, etc. Does this BEFORE changing any switches!
I've done extensive searches for information on resetting the power windows. Everything I can find involves rolling down the windows and then holding the switches for a few seconds. I can't find any information on resetting power windows that aren't operational. 2 of my windows won't move up or down using the door switch or the master control switch. I've tried going through the resetting procedure anyway, but the windows still won't move. I still suspect that the windows need resetting. I just can't find any procedure for resetting windows that won't move up or down.

Old 02-28-2023, 03:01 PM
Super Moderator

After doing the reset procedure did you fully push the switch briefly to the “DOWN” and “UP” positions. If done did the power window switch start blinking?

If nothing works disconnect battery again. Reconnect with a single movement to prevent arcing.