DIY - Do It Yourself Within you will find how-to's on many aspects of modding and caring for your ride as told by your fellow members.

"95 sedan door lock

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 09:04 AM

Yea, it appears it was installed upon entering U.S. or a dealer installed it. I had the dealership reactivate the fob that came with it. The dealer said they use some kind of computer to do so. Originalkeyless.com insists the new fob they sent will work if programmed per their instructions which says to push a little green button on the tvss box until the red led light comes on and then push the top button on the fob which activates the key fob. I am suppose to take the car back to the dealer today to see if they can program the new fob so I will have two of them. I would not let the dealer fix the lock on the door because of the cost. Seems there should be a cheaper way than 300 dollars. Then again, one cannot get parts easily for these cars as you may think. Online I only see the lock and the handle for the door but I do not know if one of these is the part I need to fix the door so the regular key will work. It would be nice to see a diagram of the inside of the door.

Old 03-03-2009, 11:06 AM
Super Moderator

TVVS system has its own instuctions and predates the Toyota VIP RS system. The VIP RS3000 FOB can be used with the TVVS system.

The linkbelow may have instructions for the TVVS.

http://rav4faq.kerkerinck.de/allgeme...pt_Belgium.pdf

Old 03-03-2009, 11:12 AM
Default Found Diagrams for 1995 toyota camry etc.

http://www.turboninjas.com/camry/bo.pdf

Old 03-09-2009, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by william
The fob stopped working and a new battery did not help. Then the key stopped working in the door and we have to unlock the passenger side to get into the car. thanks
It's possible that with the replacement of the battery, the fob may need reprogramming. I've been looking for the instructions myself, so if you manage to come across it, I wouldn't mind a copy

Old 03-10-2009, 06:48 AM

Since the dealer said the new Fob I had would not work, I sent it back to originalkeyless which has given me some flack and has not been very cooperative such as refusing to give me a return number but VISA said I did not need the return number for them to help me with the refund if necessary. I am waiting on orginalkeyless to respond now.

Old 03-10-2009, 10:54 AM
Super Moderator

Had the same experience with returning mail order parts that were the wrong one.

VISA is the one that pays the bills and can do a charge back with orginalkeyless.

orginalkeyless could contest this charge back thus save all your correspondence, etc.

You position is the part sent was assured to work, it did not work. The Toyota dealer stated it could not work with your system in the car and set you up with the right FOB.

Now you want to return the part that does not work with your system.

Only send the part back via a shipping method that has tracking such as USP or FedEx.

If the parts was mailed to you, USPS has a merchandise return form you can use. Mail the item from a counter having a person that will stamp everything, not an automated postal machine. Insure the item.

You don't want to give orginalkeyless any chance to state they did not receive the returned part. If you have a camera might even take photos of the part.

Also in my experience orginalkeyless may have 30 days to refund your money once the part is returned.

Make sure you get some kind of processing (claim) number from VISA. They can work the claim without your sending in written notice but you only have 60 days from the time you get the your statement with the orginalkeyless charge to submit a claim.

You want some kind of proof you started a claim with VISA and a processing number would help in this area.

The completed process can drag out for up to four months, thus keep good records.

Old 12-26-2012, 12:40 PM

This is the most common problem with todays cars. I mostly hear about this kind of problem by car owners. You can open the lock manually by removing the window rubber. Use a hard wire and mold it from one side. Then put it into the door panel and pull the lock hook with the wire. hope it works.

Old 02-28-2013, 08:35 PM

You can open the lock manually by removing the window rubber. Use a hard wire and mold it from one side. Then put it into the door panel and pull the lock hook with the wire. hope it works.
I always do this and it work but I seem to harder as I continue doing it... it seems that the problem is getting on the next level I just hope it won't occur again.