DIY - Do It Yourself Within you will find how-to's on many aspects of modding and caring for your ride as told by your fellow members.

96 Camry window issues help

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2019, 11:57 PM
Default 96 Camry window issues help

So lately my front door controls have not been working to open any off the windows it locks and unlocks the door but that’s it. I’ve replaced the control panel thinking it was just on its way out but to no avail. A buddy told me the fuse might be out were the obd3 sensor is so I replaced that it started working for like an hour then stopped again. Any one know what the hell might really be wrong???

Old 05-08-2019, 09:43 AM
Super Moderator

Did the replaced fuse blow?

Do the individual door locks work?

Old 05-08-2019, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by toyomoho
Did the replaced fuse blow?
I don’t think that fuse also blew because the filament is still intact, it’s not dark, and on rare occasions if u close the door hard it will work then stop again

Originally Posted by toyomoho
Do the individual door locks work?
The locks work on that door as well as all the other doors so I can lock everything just fine I just can open any windows with reach clear across the car to actually press the buttons on the other doors.

Old 05-08-2019, 05:22 PM
Super Moderator

Does the drivers window work?

What was the name of the fuse you replaced?

The passenger windows have two different methods of operation. One using the drivers door switch and the other is the individual switch. This difference also includes the drivers door and individual switches having different + 12V power wiring.

All window motor power comes from power fuse then through the power relay. It then splits off with wiring running to the master switch and wiring running to one or the other window.
switch.

It happens the individual switches still work but the master switch does not because that switch is not receiving 12V power.

Investigate power at the master switch (blue wires). If no power when ign key on then the wiring may be broken. Check wiring between door and chassis.

Old 05-15-2019, 07:50 PM

I have a 1995 Camry LE V6 225000 and I have soldered broken wire connections I think on three doors. I had all sorts of strange issues until I figured out after 25 years the wires stretch and break. I probably have a discussion on it somewhere. Happens right between door and jam where flexible hose is.