ECU & Electronics Discuss electronics and related components within.

1986 Camry ac blower too slow

Old 07-07-2019, 09:10 AM
Default 1986 Camry ac blower too slow

The blower motor is less than a year old. But Iíve noticed this from the time I got the car 2 years ago. The blower is not putting out much air and it operates slower than usual. On hot days it wouldnít keep up with the sun load in the middle of the day. It changes speed as I operate the switch but at high it feels like it doesnít push air out like it should. All of the blower box doors are operating good even though I do hear like a metal to metal clang when I operate the temperature slide back and forth from heat to cold. The occupants in back canít feel any air at all and even on recirculating it doesnít help. The thermometer reads around 45 on hot days and goes down to 40 at night when the thermo switch keeps cutting the compressor off. I noticed that with a voltmeter at 20 volts and connected directly to both blower wires at the connector and the blower on high it shows between 11.3-12.5 with the engine running and alternator charging. But if I put the positive lead on the hot wire of the blower and the ground lead on chassis ground it reads 13.8. I donít know if itís the blower or poor ground connection or if itís normal. Thanks for any help. Also how would I be able to get a wiring diagram for the blower because the book I bought doesnít show it.

Last edited by REStearns63; 07-07-2019 at 09:20 AM.
Old 07-07-2019, 12:09 PM
Super Moderator

The plus side of the blower motor electrical contact is always hot. The switch grounds the neg side either through the resistor box or directly.

Make the duct system and blower housing are clear of debris that prevent air flow.