ECU & Electronics Discuss electronics and related components within.

2004 camry SRS airbag light on, passenger seatbelt light never comes on

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 11:38 PM
Default 2004 camry SRS airbag light on, passenger seatbelt light never comes on

I know everyone will probably say go get it checked since its related to the airbag! and it would be nice to get an idea what usually , exactly could be causing it.. but even if no one will tell me what may need replaced.

Does the passenger seatbelt warning light and abs connect somehow in this car? . When someone is on the seat, an adult and with the seatbelt on or off, the warning light does not ever go on.. the airbag stays on off position and the main srs airbag light on the dash comes on... the driver seatbelt light does flash with the belt off..

would this be a seatbelt sensor? or the passenger seat airbag sensor? (whatever tells when someone is sitting on it) for the airbag to be on. and where is this sensor on the seat? perhaps it got unplugged or frayed. any help would be appreciated on this one..

I thought either if it didnt think anyone was sitting on the seat, then the airbag light was off and didnt worry about the seatbelt, or that in this car the seatbelt needs connected for the airbag to come on... so and neither may be correct. but Id like to understand and look at it.. thanks!

Old 05-19-2012, 08:07 AM
Super Moderator

Can state 100% but the 2005 SRS system has both a seat belt buckle detection switch and an occupant detector switch in the seat. This could explain the systems behavior.

The owners manual might have a section explaining this.