ECU & Electronics Discuss electronics and related components within.

2011 Camry Power Door Lock Problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2021, 12:00 PM
Default 2011 Camry Power Door Lock Problems

I just bought a 2011 Camry for my daughter and am experiencing the power door lock problems. All doors will lock using the key or switch but ONLY the drivers will unlock. I have replaced actuator motors and even tried an ECU. I have confirmed that power is NOT getting to the actuators when the unlock switch is pressed on any of the three doors. Anyone know what else it can be? Is there another control module or relay? Fusebox?

Old 01-12-2021, 02:17 PM
Super Moderator

Did you replace the main body ECU which control the locks?

The lock actuators and lock switches all run to a main body ECU which then directs the action.

Suggest you search the internet on Utube vidoes related to programming the door locks as they can be programmed..

Old 01-12-2021, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by toyomoho
Did you replace the main body ECU which control the locks?

The lock actuators and lock switches all run to a main body ECU which then directs the action.

Suggest you search the internet on Utube vidoes related to programming the door locks as they can be programmed..
I'll search the programming issue which I hadn't heard before. I've been searching this online for weeks and trying everything that I've found. Is there here more than 1 ECU? I replaced the ECU (metal box) under the hood with no change...still no power to unlock. Is there another "body ecu"? and if so where is it located. Any help would be appreciated

Old 01-14-2021, 07:45 PM
Super Moderator

Have you checked the owners manual for lock programming?

Old 06-29-2021, 03:23 AM

If to speak generally, Toyota is producing charming and good cars. I use the vehicles from this brand since 2005 and never had any significant issues with it. The only problem I had with the doors, their locks are getting very often breaks. That's why I decided to learn by myself how they are working. And what to do in case of breaks. The guys from https://www.howtobecomealocksmith.or...mith-training/ taught me how to become a proper locksmith. I am delighted with the lessons, and now I can open up every lock without a key. LOL.

Last edited by Alexandrar; 07-01-2021 at 03:02 AM.
Old 08-05-2021, 11:07 AM

Toyota is charging a reasonable cost for the new keys, locksmith can also provide it at a reasonable cost?

Old 07-17-2022, 07:22 PM

I have discovered that alot of Toyota Camry's of this Generation(2007-2011) have a specific door lock problem that develops. This problem occurs when an internal part of the Car Computer/Fusebox under the drivers dash burns out. This results in all the doors locking, but ONLY the drivers door unlocking. You loose the Unlock function of the Passenger side door and both rear doors. If this is your specific problem, then Toyota's ONLY Fix to this is to replace the Car Computer/Fusebox at a cost to you of $700-$900.

I have designed a Module to bypass the burnt out internal parts externally. There is no need to remove the Car Computer/Fusebox from the car. I include a detailed install guide that is COLOR CODED with PICTURES. The Bypass only requires 9 connections. I include all the needed connectors to make these connections. You can purchase this from me on EBAY, just do a search for "Toyota Door Lock Fix" or item # 282374518691

If you have any questions feel free to contact me through EBAY's "contact seller" link. This is the fastest way to get in touch with me.