ECU & Electronics Discuss electronics and related components within.

93 Camry LE door locks goofy after ECU replaced

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 08:31 PM
Default 93 Camry LE door locks goofy after ECU replaced

I just had a mechanic replace the engine control unit in a '93 Camry LE. Now when I try to lock the doors with the electronic door lock, it locks and unlocks all 4 doors very fast and sometimes clicks them on and off all by itself and will not stay locked unless done manually for each ****. The first time it happened, right out of the shop, I manually locked all but the drivers-side door and tried the drivers side door-lock switch several times and it worked fine then. But since then, no luck.

Can this problem be directly related to the newly installed used ECU? Does the ECU control the door locks? In examining the fuse box under the hood, the fuse diagram on the inside of the lid did not indicate that any of those fuses were for the door locking circuitry. The wiring at the door hinges is encased in some kind of rubbery sheath so I haven't tried to examine the condition of those wires. Anyone have any answers or ideas?

Thanks

Old 10-06-2007, 12:54 AM
Default RE: 93 Camry LE door locks goofy after ECU replaced

the engine ecu should have nothing to do with the door locks...try wiggling the rubber sheath you mention and see if you get a reaction from the door lock, if you do, you possibly have a short in the wireharnes... the door control ecu is behind the fuse box in the car there's no real test for it....it could also be a short in the fuse box itself...i hope you're good with electrical..good luck