ECU & Electronics Discuss electronics and related components within.

Camry 2012..part # 82720-33250 engine block assembly box.

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2019, 08:02 PM
Default Camry 2012..part # 82720-33250 engine block assembly box.

I was charging my battery on a 2012 se Camry and somehow burned out that relay junction box big buned spot inside also burned a small white and green wire connected to it. Fix the wires and disconnected the box. The car starts up fine no dash lights everything seems to be working. Can anyone clue me in onnthe purpose of this box. Its the box inside the fuse box next to the ecu. I also grounded those two wires together on same ground. Could that cause the box to burn? Im not sure if I cross connected the charge cables on the battery I panicked and disconnected them.realy quick. Remembered hearing the fan turn on while I was starting the car. Maybe its for the cooling fans???

Old 03-12-2019, 09:55 AM
Super Moderator

Integration and relay box. These devices use solid state components to integrate and control the cars electrical circuits.

Check systems for function such as headlights, head light auto on/off, auto high beam, DRL, dome and dash lights, rear defogger, and the fan you noted..

Suggest finding a replacement by make, model, year and part number.

When installing said replacement make sure the unit is grounded properly per the bulletin below.

http://www.crrtraining.com/CRR2/asse...echinfo_14.pdf

Old 05-25-2022, 12:40 AM

John832, we’re you able to find a resolution to your vehicles issues. It seems that I’m having similar issues.

I took the vehicle to a body shop because the left headlight, bumper and fender needed to be replaced due to an accident. The car had been sitting for three months and had no mechanical issues.

When I went to pick it up the guy had to jump it. Once I brought it home each time I turned it off it would die and it would need to be jumped. I took it to a shop and they said I had a bad battery. I changed the battery and the issue persisted, except this time the headlights and fans didn’t turn off when I turned off the car. When I checked my relay box it had a burning plastic smell. Then I noticed it was specifically coming from the junction box.

After much effort I was able to pullout the box and unbeknownst to me it had a hole in it. I bought a new junction box and was able to reconnect the connectors, but the smell headlight and fam issue persisted, so I disconnected the battery and parked the car until I can find a solution.

Old 05-25-2022, 12:45 AM

John832, we’re you able to find a resolution to your vehicles issues. It seems that I’m having similar issues.

I took the vehicle to a body shop because the left headlight, bumper and fender needed to be replaced due to an accident. The car had been sitting for three months and had no mechanical issues.

When I went to pick it up the guy had to jump it. Once I brought it home each time I turned it off it would die and it would need to be jumped. I took it to a shop and they said I had a bad battery. I changed the battery and the issue persisted, except this time the headlights and fans didn’t turn off when I turned off the car. When I checked my relay box it had a burning plastic smell. Then I noticed it was specifically coming from the junction box.

After much effort I was able to pullout the box and unbeknownst to me it had a hole in it. I bought a new junction box and was able to reconnect the connectors, but the smell headlight and fam issue persisted, so I disconnected the battery and parked the car until I can find a solution.