ECU & Electronics Discuss electronics and related components within.

Finally Solved p0500 code 1999 Camry

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2021, 05:25 AM
Default Similar Issue Resolved

So I bought this 2002 Toyota Solara SLE equipped with the 3.0L V6. I was getting a check engine light for a P0500 code, I swapped out the sensor, cleared the code and went for a drive. Car drove alot better but the code came right back. After about 4 months of dealing with the car either, deciding it doesnt want to shift out of first, going down the road it’ll throw itself into neutral basically “tranny disengages with the flywheel”, or just ROUGH shifting! I decided it was time for this problem to be no more. I honestly was going to go the swap ECU route but I came across this an decided to give it a go. When I tell you that this works, it works! I routed my wires up the strut tower and down into the fender, from there the rubber grommet that holds the wire harness for the door I poked a hole and fished the wires through there and up into the back of my cluster where I spliced and wrapped everything in electrical tape. Make sure you do a nice install from the get go so you dont run into issues and have to disassemble everything. I can take pictures if needed, feel free to message or email me if you have any questions or concerns

Old 04-26-2022, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by ChrisBeatsYoAss
So I bought this 2002 Toyota Solara SLE equipped with the 3.0L V6. I was getting a check engine light for a P0500 code, I swapped out the sensor, cleared the code and went for a drive. Car drove alot better but the code came right back. After about 4 months of dealing with the car either, deciding it doesnt want to shift out of first, going down the road it’ll throw itself into neutral basically “tranny disengages with the flywheel”, or just ROUGH shifting! I decided it was time for this problem to be no more. I honestly was going to go the swap ECU route but I came across this an decided to give it a go. When I tell you that this works, it works! I routed my wires up the strut tower and down into the fender, from there the rubber grommet that holds the wire harness for the door I poked a hole and fished the wires through there and up into the back of my cluster where I spliced and wrapped everything in electrical tape. Make sure you do a nice install from the get go so you dont run into issues and have to disassemble everything. I can take pictures if needed, feel free to message or email me if you have any questions or concerns
SWEET! Glad to see my post helped out another Forum member.