ECU & Electronics Discuss electronics and related components within.

Finding bright low beams for 07 Camry LE

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 12:35 AM
Default Finding bright low beams for 07 Camry LE

Noob in the house, so I hope this hasn't been discussed ad nauseum.

I have the factory bulbs that came with my 07 Camry a couple of years ago. These things have never been that bright and I just love my mom's Avalon with its Light of God headlights. My lights seem to be almost useless when there is any other light around.

Well I looked up the info and found out that the low beams are H11 bulbs. But the best I could do at Auto Zone and Pep Boys was find the same standard wattage bulb and some other bulb that was 30 percent brighter. When I tried that on my Intrepid, they looked exactly the same.

So I've been looking online at places I have never heard of to try to find the brightest darn bulbs. The problem is there aren't a lot of good specs to get by on (I don't see a lumens count or anything). I'd really like to get HID bulbs, but I don't want to blind other people. But considering I drive a car and not a monster truck with one headlight pointed way higher than it should be, I don't think that's as much of an issue.

I'd love if anybody could recommend a specific bulb for me. I work from 3 to 11:30 five days a week, so this is an important thing to me. Thanks a bunch for helping the noob!

Old 01-03-2009, 12:41 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Finding bright low beams for 07 Camry LE

Might go to the Toyotanation website and ask this question but first do a search of the site. Those folks are always trying to improve their lighting systems.

What year of Avalon is your Mom's. The Camry is a downscaled Avalon. You might investigate why the Avalon has such great lights. It might be the bulb, reflector or front lens.

There are after market replacement headlight kits that may help.

How is the headlight alignment?

Have not found any real data on why bulb or system is better then another. No comparison tests. Everything appears subjective.

The manufacturers site may have specific data on their problems.

Old 12-13-2017, 06:24 PM

Captain obvious here - but what shape are the lens in? If they are yellowed and fogged up you won't get much light out regardless of the bulb. But, you already knew that!
My 2009 is the same. Low lights aren't strong enough. Driving on two lane country roads on low beam isn't safe over about 45 mph with all of the suicidal deer we have here in AL. I just drive around with the high beams on most of the time. They are only so-so, not as bright as the old style glass sealed beams, but much better than the low beams.