ECU & Electronics Discuss electronics and related components within.

No High Beams

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 08:20 AM
Default No High Beams

Greetings,

I own a 1995 Camry, 4 cylinder, with 156K on it. This morning, my High Beams are disfunctional, and in part, because the lever will no longer move forward to engage them, but does pull back - though now the wipers come on.

I did use mt wipers and high beams successfully on Saturday, but for some reason, this morning when I proceeded to work, I was unable to push outward the actual lever to turn them on.Typically, when the lever is pulled toward you,the high beams are engaged until the lever is released.This of course is the same lever which engages the wipers - when I pull the lever down through a series of notches, the wipers work from low to high - and still does. But now, when I pull the lever towards me, the wipers come on!

Is this a fuse/relay issue? It's never happened before.

Ferdy

Old 10-27-2008, 11:16 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: No High Beams

The wiper and light circuits have separate fuses and relays.

The steering console switch may be defective, suggest starting here and testing the switch.

Find the harness plug to the switch and test the circuits.

Red/BLack wire is for the light. Wiper wires are Blue, Blue/Yellow, Blue/White, Blue/Black, Blue/Orange.

Keep in mind the switch works by completing the circuit to ground via the White/Black wire.r