ECU & Electronics Discuss electronics and related components within.

governor

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 10:25 PM
Default governor

i have a 94 camry le 4 cylinder. i was wondering where the governor is and how to disconnect it? Can i just disconnect it or do i have to put an aftermarket part in there. Also what kind of effect will this have on my my acceleration and top speed. And what other (cheap) do it yourself upgrades can i make to get some more power out of my machine? Thanks

Old 07-14-2007, 12:15 AM
Default RE: governor

re-flash the computer.. hmm werid didnt know they put governor on toyotas.. max my dad tacoma and my mom corrolla speedo and tooke mine up to about 125...

DIY would probably be like intake and headers and exhaust if you can weld..

Old 07-14-2007, 12:24 AM

Ive had my 05 camry at 120mph which was plenty fast. However i dont think that was the top speed and i dont know what the top speed is. Knowing it reached that speed and in a fairly good pace. I mean if your going faster youll either end up dead or in jail.

However im not sure im guessing a flash of the computer system would work. Unless your top speed is your top speed due to gearing ratios? Maybe something to do with the transmission

Old 07-14-2007, 02:11 AM

both tacoma and corrolla max at 110.. and yeah mine kept wanting to go but didnt want to get lock up for reckless driving.. yeah the tranny gears have an impact on your top speed. you can eather tune it for top speed with ****ty acceleration or good acceleration with poor top end.. or just have it in the middle.