ECU & Electronics Discuss electronics and related components within.

Ignition/Electrical issue 92 Camry

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2010, 08:14 AM
Default Ignition/Electrical issue 92 Camry

First off let me say hello I am Martin, new to these forums. I hide over on crownvic.net. Comming here to find help with my nieces car I am working on.

Monday she went out to go to work and when turned the key nothing happened, no dash lights, no clock, no radio and no starter. So after researching on this and other sights I've replace the ignition switch and cylinder lock. Still no go, am stumped as what could be the issue with it now? Thinking possibly the neutral safety switch on the transmission? It wont shift with the key in in acc or start position. Also when in acc or start position there is no power going to any of the hot fuses with acc like radio and clock.

Any other ideas out there as to what it might be? It still won't do anything when the key is turned, no dash, no clock, no radio, a dead car essentially. the only thing I can do is turn the headlights on and the door ajar light is lit up. It is like the car doesn't know the key is in, even though I have replaced the cylinder and switch. Would the small black push style sensor on the underside of the cylinder housing have anything to do with it?

Thanks for any help, much appreciated.

Martin

UPDATE: After checking the continuity of the new and old ignition switches as per the toyota specs both are fine, so I am back to the first step. When the key is turned on nothing happens. Other then the EFI relay clicking. I've checked all fuses and relays, even checked the neutral safety switch. All the same, I am thinking it may be a bad ground somewhere I need to hunt down. The brake lights dont work when depressed, no clock, no radio, no fuel pump priming, a dead car minus the door ajar light and the efi relay clicking.

Last edited by LandYacht; 04-01-2010 at 04:58 PM.
Old 04-01-2010, 11:56 PM
Super Moderator

See private message.