ECU & Electronics Discuss electronics and related components within.

From Perfect to running crappy! PLEASE HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2014, 07:06 PM
Exclamation From Perfect to running crappy! PLEASE HELP!!!

Hi everyone. I'm new to this forum thing but I'm having a few issues so I thought I would reach out and see if anyone could or would be will to help.
Here's my issue--> I have a 03 Camry clear 3.0 v6
I have never had one issue until today. I took a short drive and everything was fine after 30 miss out of the car I came back it it was seemingly dead. Not even a turn over. I called a buddy and he came and jumped me off. The car did eventually start but was running very poorly. I thought at first battery or alternator. Nut both were good. After much reading and research I found that it seemed to be caused by a bad cam position sensor. So I replaced it. Now the car just turns over and over but won't start!?? It was a simple plug and go instsll. I'm lost mow and I could really use some help. If you of anything I missed or anything I can do please let me know. Email me or whatever I really do need some of you all's HELP!!!
THANKS FOR READING!!
Phil

Old 09-08-2014, 11:20 AM
Super Moderator

You may have more then one issue.

How did you conclude it was a bad cam position sensor? A bad sensor will not cause a dead battery or dead electrical system.

Check for spark at an ign coil/plug. Remove a coil and install a plug. Then ground plug body to engine and crank engine.

Check ohm resistance of old and new cam sensor. Should be:
Cold 835-1400 ohm
Hot 1,060-1645 ohm
Make sure sensor is installed correctly and fully plugged into wiring harness.

Does this car have a immobilizer security system? Is there a red light flashing on dash? The immobilizer system engages when battery is reconnected or repowered. The engine will crank but not start as ign and fuel are cut off.

It is possible if battery is dead or disconnected engine will run rough until computer resets.

Did you determine why the battery went dead? Seemingly dead as in zero power to any electrical item?