Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

ACETONE IN GAS

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2006, 10:03 AM
Default ACETONE IN GAS

Hello everybody!

Since this is working out so well for me I just wanted to pass it on to anyone I can.

Gas Prices just keep jumping up and for me it is killing me. I live in Birmingham Alabama and drive back and for to Decatur Alabama everyday for work. It is 99.3 miles one way. I drive a 05 Camry LE 5-speed.

I'm sure several of you have heard about putting 100% pure acetone in your gas and you have say "heck no!"

Here is what I consistantly receive from using acetone:

---I fill up at the same shell station at every fill up
---same pump and car in the same direction
---I fill the car up until i can see the gas at the edge of the lip on the inlet...yes this does take time in order to keep it from bubbling out.
---My mixture is 1 ounce of acetone to 10 gal of gas.

Before acetone I would average, with my driving habits, around 410 or less miles per tank, all interstate of course.
After acetone, with the same driving habits, I consistantly pull in over 460 miles per tank.
My best yet between 50 and 60mph while driving out west was a whopping 493 miles until the gas light came on.

To me...that is INCREDIBLE![sm=gears.gif]
Do a google search and see what you can pull up. You will see some negative comments along with positive ones as well.

I have been using it for over a year and have had no problems or do i forsee any problems with it. You will see that people say that it will dry rot your rubber fuel lines and things like that...this stuff at the mixture noted above, will dilute itself so much that it would take forever to harm your fuel system, especially on newer vehicles.

Well, i hope this helps some of you out there and keep in mind that this is my opinion only and it works for me. My friend drives a v-8 silverado and had no gains whatsoever. All i can say is give it a try at least once.

Visit my ride at: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2084023