Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

Engine swap questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2007, 03:43 PM
Default Engine swap questions

Ok please bare with me on this one. I don't have a Camry exactly. I have a 92 ES300. I kow it is not the same car but I want to see what people have done with Camries to see what I can do. I know themy car has alot of the same parts as a 96 CamryV6 LE.Not sure if all the engine components match up, but just looking foridea. I have a 3VZ-FE in my car. I have to change the engine soon for and oil leak I have had since I got it. I want to swap the engine with something a lil more powerful though. I don't want to put the money into a stock engine if there is something else I can do. I have a good chunk of change saved up just need to know whatare some possibilities and what are some good ideas from what anyone else has seen done. Please assist me and if you give me any engine names you will have to tell me what car it comes out of so I have an idea what I am dealing with. Please help me if you can thanks. Also if justgetting another stock engineand turbo or super charging it is a better idea please let me know I am just searchingfor ideas before I start on the engine work.

Old 02-17-2007, 04:07 AM
Default RE: Engine swap questions

IMO- PLEASE keep that in mind while reading this.....

okay- i would stay with the 3VZ motor because its a direct swap and the newer 1MZs don't fall far from the tree (210HP) vs your (190HP). since you're thinkin' ov modding- CAI/Exhaust/ECU/NGK Iridiums & Nology Wires will bring you pass 210HP WITH RELIABILITY. S/C or Turbo will be another story. Check toyotanation.com for 3VZ drivers and see what they've done. Me, i'm a city dweller so i live on the 4 cyl. side of the street. Good Luck with that!

.onetohate