General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2004 3.0L V6 severe hesitation

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 09:41 PM
Default 2004 3.0L V6 severe hesitation

Hi All. I searched the forums looking for any advice for hesitation on a 2004 3.0L V6 Camry LE. My dad bought the car new and it has had the hesitation since new. He took it back to the dealer many times but they never could find the problem. The car now has about 115k miles on it, and still has the hesitation.
When you accelerate it immediately stumbles and you have to depress the accelerator more to get it finally going. It will overcome the hesitation, but it take a second or two. The car idles fine and does not cut off.
It seems to run ok at high speed and gas mileage is ok, but the hestiation is maddening.
I haven't checked any components yet, so advice for this problem is appreciated.

Old 04-16-2010, 08:28 AM
Super Moderator

Might be "normal" at least per Toyota. Have you tried easing the throttle when accelerating.

Suggest asking this question at the Toyotanation website where having a wider audience of owners whom may actually own this year of Camry.

Toyota may have come up with a computer re-flash, check with the dealer for any service bulletins that might have been issued on this problem.

Old 04-17-2010, 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by toyomoho
Might be "normal" at least per Toyota. Have you tried easing the throttle when accelerating.

Suggest asking this question at the Toyotanation website where having a wider audience of owners whom may actually own this year of Camry.

Toyota may have come up with a computer re-flash, check with the dealer for any service bulletins that might have been issued on this problem.
Thanks for the reply. I found the TN site and joined up. Also did a search there and see that I'm not alone. I suppose it's just a toyo thing. I'll probably get it re-flashed, then drive the heck out of it to teach it a lesson, or two. Other than putting one of those "boost" modules that trick the ECU I'm not sure if anything will solve the problem.
I have an 06 Miata that's DBW and auto and it's flawless. It's hard to believe they did this on purpose. If they did, they're a bunch of DAs to do this to such a nice car.