General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2004 Camry Le, No throttle response.

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 06:23 PM
Default 2004 Camry Le, No throttle response.

*** Problem solved ***
Turns out it was a fuse in the engine compartment that delt with fuel regulation, dunno how we missed that
Also had to replace fuse number 29, audio system

Thank you to all those that helped me

Recently my 2004 Camry was having trouble starting up. eventually the batter died, completely (or so auto zone told us), and we bought a new one.

Upon replacement of the new battery, the car will start up fine. But once in gear, it will not go above idle RPMs. The accelerator pedal goes in all the way though the engine's rpms stay constant. once car is in drive, it will move because its idling, but will not accurate. Once in Reverse, and i hold the brake, the gas pedal does not respond at all either.

Its got only 50k miles on it. and very well maintained. The engine check light came on after old battery was replaced. We were told by our mechanic over the phone to try to drive the car around in drive for a little while to get the "computer" to reprogram itself, that did not work.

I doubt the alternator went out that fast, and even if it did, it shouldn't affect the throttle.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. I realize this is my first post, and probably wont get much response, though any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again,
Dame

Old 04-16-2008, 08:19 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: 2004 Camry Le, No throttle response.

The gas pedal is not connected to the throttle by a cable, the throttle plate is rotated by an electric motor. The motor could be bad.

If the check engine light is still on there is a trouble coded stored. Try to get the code read, some auto parts stores will do this for free.

Old 04-16-2008, 08:28 PM

thank you for replying, ill try to get my uncle to read the code later this weekend, i cannt drive it anywhere because it has an extremely hard time moving up hill. 1k rpm isnt enough to pull the 2 ton car :S. thanks again

Old 04-17-2008, 12:11 AM

i ran into this problem on one of these cars..... i had to bring it to the dealer and have the car reprogrammed cuz i tried to clean the throttle body and pushed in the throttle plate..... yea stupid move but n e ways....some times electric does weired things it may have somehow screwed with the computer and u may have to have that done at the dealer......sorry to say

Old 04-17-2008, 12:05 PM

thanks for replying yodafixa. ill call the dealer and ask for more info. it would suck to pay for towing :! but i guess ill have to coup with it.

Old 04-17-2008, 02:21 PM

okay, dealer said it might be a fuse otherwise id have to take it back in. im going to wait till saturday to get the code read, then go from there.

I've checked all the fuses, all of them work fine. I've tried the throttle re-teach, did not help. Could a faulty MAF sensor be the cause??? if so how could i check that?.

Any other ideas?

Old 04-17-2008, 06:56 PM
Super Moderator

Send a private message with an email address, I can send some info. Is this the 4 cylinder?

Old 04-19-2008, 12:38 PM

Turns out it was a bad fuse in the engine compartment that delt with the fuel regulation, and the audio fuse went bad too.

Thank you toyomoho, and yodafixa.