General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

2007-2009 Headlight assemblies Hybrid vs non-hybrid

Old 05-05-2019, 09:43 AM
Lightbulb 2007-2009 Headlight assemblies Hybrid vs non-hybrid

HI all, new to the forum.

I'm trying to find out, what exactly is the difference between, hybrid headlight assemblies and non-hybrid headlight assemblies? I'm in the market to get a new set. I have a US made 2007 TCH

I see tons of options out there. Nothing fancy, Just stock replacements.

However, when I dig deeper into the description it says in big bold letters Does NOT fit Hybrids. No matter if its US or Japan built.

Physically they look identical, as far as I can tell. The only difference I can really see, is the slight blue tint on the hybrid headlight assemblies. If that's the only difference I don't care about that.

I only ask, because so far there is about a $30-$50 up-charge for the "hybrid" assemblies vs non.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

I tried searching for this on the Forums, sorry if i missed it somewhere.

Old 05-05-2019, 10:59 AM
Super Moderator

Don't know.

Toyota lists different part numbers for factory parts based on model while sites like rockauto discriminate by build country for their aftermarket units..

Old 05-05-2019, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by toyomoho View Post
Don't know.

Toyota lists different part numbers for factory parts based on model while sites like rockauto discriminate by build country for their aftermarket units..

Yeah Rock Auto was/is my go to place for parts info. You are absolutely right about that. I wouldn't be surprised if they break it down to what day of the week the car was manufactured to get the correct part. Lol