General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 Camry XLE V6 - VSC Warning Light - O2 Sensors - Sixth Time

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2022, 09:45 AM
Default 2007 Camry XLE V6 - VSC Warning Light - O2 Sensors - Sixth Time

Hi,
This started about a year ago, here's the quick recap from taking my car to a local mechanic that I trust:
  • VSC Light came on - they changed 1 of the Oxygen Sensors
  • VSC Light came on a couple a weeks later - they changed all the Oxygen Sensors including the first one
  • About 6 months later the VSC light came on - they changed all of the Oxygen Sensors
  • I'll condense all the history and say...they have now changed all of the sensors 6 times, they are ordering all of them again, this time directly from Toyota.
Everything is being handled under their warranty.Is this common on a 2007 Camry XLE / V6 that only has about 90,000 miles?
I'm not a mechanic, but I feel the sensors are fine and something else is going on?

Thanks,
Mitch

Old 01-26-2022, 01:14 PM
Super Moderator

Do not necessary link the VSC light on with the sensor issue.

The VSC light can illuminate when certain ODBII trouble codes are generated. When the VSC light is on, the VSC system turns off. Toyota's logic is if there is an engine or transmission problem then turning of the VSC system may be a good idea. Only certain ODBII codes will turn off the VSC.

The VSC system could be OK but the system was turned off by the cars computer as part of its programming protocol.

One can assume there were ODBII codes generated that lead to changing the sensors. These codes should have been specific as to what sensor(s) needed to be changed. It would help to know these codes!

The fact that the system corrected itself once the parts were changed indicates the problem may have been fixed for a time.

Toyota's are sensitive to what brand of sensors are used. Toyota brand is the best and Denso the next. Note Toyota owns part of the Denso corporation which makes parts for Toyota. The result being that Toyota brand and Denso can be the same part but labeled differently.

It could also a problem with sensor relay, wiring, etc.

Old 01-26-2022, 01:29 PM

Hi Joey...they changed the O2 sensors based on the codes they read.
Hopefully the Toyota parts are better.

Old 04-11-2022, 08:41 AM

Just a suggestion maybe clean the wheels , particularly inside them , VSC is triggered by ABS sensors which are located in the cv drive axle assembly? , just my 2c