General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 08-28-2015, 10:28 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Engine Diagnostics
Print Wikipost

2007 Toyota Camry Dashboard is melting under Florida heat??

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 06:02 AM

same problem here, dash is very sticky and disintegrates by just touching it.

Old 04-02-2012, 01:30 PM

I'm glad I googled this and found this message board. I am having the same issues with my 2007 Camry XLE. I actually just got off the phone with the service dept. at
the dealership. By the way, I'm in Houston, TX. I described the issue to the service guy and he said he had never seen this but I should bring my vehicle in to have a manager look at it. My next step is to contact Toyota to see if they have ever seen this issue. All I know is that someone is going to fix this. I also own a 1996 Camry and have never had an issue like this. Has anyone on here taken their vehicle back to the dealership for review?

Old 04-02-2012, 02:11 PM

I just spoke to someone in customer service at Toyota, Inc. I explained the issue to her and she said there isn't a recall or program to fix the issue. She said there has to be a demand, so to speak, for Toyota to issue a recall or something like that. I am recommending that everyone who has this issue call and report it to Toyota. The # is: 800-331-4331. My next step is to check with the extended warranty people. If this isn't covered, we're going to have some issues. This is not what I expect from this company.

Old 04-02-2012, 10:20 PM

Good thing I got good Camry here... no issues so far.
I watched the vid and it was so frustrating!

Old 04-04-2012, 10:24 AM

Full House,
What year is your Camry? It looks like this is a 2007 model issue.

Old 04-06-2012, 08:03 AM

Hogman, my Camry is a 2007. I had the same response from the service department as you did. They hadn't seen it before (which I don't totally believe). I was also told my extended warranty did not cover it.

Old 04-15-2012, 09:13 AM

i just filed a complaint with Toyota dealer yesterday, and they submitted it to Toyota USA, in the meanwhile i contacted Redline Goods to see if the are able to come up with a complete dash re-wrap leather kit to cover the dash that will fit like it was leather from factory, that's a backup just in case Toyota doesn't want to do anything about it, Redline Goods did a center console re-wrap for my 94 Mazda and it came out beautiful. Other options will be to buy one of those carpet dash covers, but that looks cheap.

Old 04-15-2012, 10:31 PM

i can deal it with my own car

Old 05-07-2012, 11:10 AM

Diana, I'm sorry but I've been so busy; I haven't logged in for a while. The customer relations manager at my dealership called me and told me that there is now an official case # for my complaint. He also said that Toyota knows that this is an issue. They're just trying to figure out how to deal with it. He mentioned something about a certain kind of oil that leaks into the dash that causes the reaction. I'm going to check back with them this week. I watched your video and that's exactly what's happening to my vehicle. Just to let you know, I have spoken to an attorney about the situation. He said to be patient and see what they plan to do. If there aren't any results in a timely manner, he wants a copy of my original warranty and other information like this forum. The manager at the dealership saw your video and said that this is something that Toyota will have to address. Don't give up! I'll make sure I log in at least once a week for updates. Thanks...

Old 05-08-2012, 08:39 AM

Hogman91,
That's great work! Please keep me posted. I am wondering how it turns out for you. Thanks for the info.

Quick Reply: 2007 Toyota Camry Dashboard is melting under Florida heat??