General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2009 Camry Recirculate Button on the A/C Issue

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 03:03 PM
Default 2009 Camry Recirculate Button on the A/C Issue

Hi everyone I have an 09 camry with 35K miles on it.

I have had this problem checked and am assured that this is the way the air condition is supposed to function but I have a nagging feeling that it is NOT supposed to function this way...but who knows. The last dealer I had check it says they went all the way up to Toyota Corporate to Verify my A/C's functionality.

Issue:

When driving the car (I live in Florida) if the Temperature is on ANYTHING but MAX A/C and I have the Air condition Strength set to OFF.... the Recirculate (keeping only inside air) button automatically turns itself off.... lending itself to outside air coming through the vents even if the Strength is set to the Off mode.

This is particularly annoying when it happens and you are satisified with the internal temp of the car without adjustments.

Now, you all will notice I said any temperature besides MAXAC. Now keeping the temperature to MaxAC does KEEP the recirculate button ON most of the times (when the A/C strength setting is on off as well)... HOWEVER, in FLorida at winter time this WORKAROUND does not seem to work anymore...because the temperature is lower outside in the 30's to 50's.

So I would imagine that outside of Florida in a Camry this would be partifularly annoying when not wanting to bring any outside air into the car when driving.

Thoughts? Please provide immediately! Thank you.

Old 12-09-2010, 08:30 PM
Super Moderator

Might have a better response at the Toyotanation website.

Someone else complained at the TN site about this resetting but I forget the details.

Old 05-20-2012, 05:42 PM

I first had this problem with my 2007 Camry. I now have a 2011 v6 SE and that same issue. When the temperature gets below 54' it'll turn the recirculation off. Holding the button on for 5 seconds does NOT help or correct this.

Trying to explain this issue to the dealership service people is futile too as you get a sea of dumbstruck faces. It's very frustrating.

I really hope that you do find a solution to this extremely annoying issue

Old 05-20-2012, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by Fuseaction
I first had this problem with my 2007 Camry. I now have a 2011 v6 SE and that same issue. When the temperature gets below 54' it'll turn the recirculation off. Holding the button on for 5 seconds does NOT help or correct this.

Trying to explain this issue to the dealership service people is futile too as you get a sea of dumbstruck faces. It's very frustrating.

I really hope that you do find a solution to this extremely annoying issue
that is how the system work , it's a federal law idiot. it can't recirculate the air all day long , windows will get foggy and plus you will be breathing you own CO2, that its why doesn't stay on all the time , plus it doesn't recirculate at all if a/c setting are for defogger or defogger /floor combination .

Last edited by boricua; 05-20-2012 at 09:55 PM.