General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 Camry Turning Problem...Ideas??

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2010, 10:46 AM
Question 2010 Camry Turning Problem...Ideas??

Hey guys,

New member here. Recently bought a 2010 Camry SE, and really like it so far. Just one weird thing I've noticed and cannot figure out.

When under a hard turn, either forwards or backwards, sometimes there will be a slight "jolt" or "skip" in the car, which feels like it's coming from the front wheels. Like whenever backing out of a driveway or pulling into a parking spot. For the life of me I cannot figure out what could be causing it.

I've checked all the lug nuts to make sure they're tight, and also pulled back and forth on the tires to make sure there's no play in the suspension or linkage.

This car does have the aftermarket low profile TRD rims on it, so I'm wondering if it's something related to those. It almost feels like the car doesn't rotate the front wheels at the right adjustment under full turning, and the tires jerk and skid to get themselves back in rotation.

It seems like this shouldn't make a difference, but is there some sort of recalibration that the dealer needs to do for the TRD rims? It's the only thing I can think of!

I plan on taking it to a parking lot tonight and really trying to figure out what's going on with it, but figured I'd ask the experts in case there's something I haven't thought of...

Thanks in advance!

-Mike

Old 12-29-2010, 12:32 PM
Super Moderator

Could be the ABS system kicking in. It will activate when there is well slippage.

If the car has traction control, something new for 2010. This system may somehow be activating.

Old 12-29-2010, 12:39 PM

actually now that I think about it, the car may be a 2009. However, I'll still check the ABS and see if there's any traction control that could be causing the problem in the parking lot tonight.

I'll post back here with any findings or developments...hopefully I can get it figured out before having to take it to the stealership.