General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2013 Camry transmission fluid service bulletin and brake service bulletin

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2023, 06:15 PM
Default 2013 Camry transmission fluid service bulletin and brake service bulletin

Hi, I am planning to change transmission fluid and brake pads, rotors by myself. I want to know exactly steps Toyota dealer does. Can anyone share service bulletin that shows each steps, and torque spec, et.al. for transmission fluid change and brake rotor pads change? That will be very important for me to follow. appreciate ahead.

One thing I want to ask, when I change transmission fluid, why do I need to scan the temperature and drain out the overflow after refill? I know if you put too much , you do need to do that. But if I haven't done any transmission work previously, all the fluid in my tranny are originals, manufactured. I think I will measure amount of old transmission fluid that I drain out and I will put exactly same amount back to the transmission assuming the temperature are all same (I don't drive it before drain/refill). Then I don't need to do any overflow /fluid level adjustment. right? Correct me if I am wrong. Also, 2013 Camry is so called sealed transmission fluid, some dealer said change it every 60K miles, some said change 100K miles, some says don't need to change since it's life time fluid. I want to hear your opinions?

thanks

Old 12-09-2023, 07:39 PM

can anyone find this document ? doc ID: RM000004RT700TX Title: U660E AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION/TRANSAXLE FLUID 2013 CMARY. I need this document to show each step. thanks

Old 12-09-2023, 10:19 PM
Super Moderator

Below is the official version.

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/20...34401-9999.pdf

Then there is:

https://www.toyotanation.com/threads...miles.1669907/

There are a number of substitutes for Toyota WS fluid and Toyotanation would list them. WS is a synthetic fluid.

Toyota uses an official Toyota color chart to compare trans fluid color to the chart and determine condition. The fluid is not life time and like all trans fluid degrades quicker the higher the temperature its experiences. A 60K change would be considered ideal by most while a 100K change would be consider too many miles by many.

For the brakes suggest using Toyota brand as the shims and other parts will transfer over plus less chance of brake squeal. Do one brake at time to allow using the other side as a reference. The brake caliber bolts are torqued to 25 lbs. Use brake grease on the slider pins, etc.

Old 12-09-2023, 10:57 PM

Hi toyomoho,
Thank you very much for this pdf. It's very useful and exactly thing I am looking for. May I know where I can get this pdf? I try to follow these instructions to do other job such as brake change, but I don't know where I can get these. I google some place, I found this (https://techinfo.snapon.com/TIS/Register.aspx), wonder whether this is the place I can get all maintaince or service instruction. If you know where I can get these pdf, can you let me know?
By the way, when I change transmission fluid, why do I need to scan the temperature and drain out the overflow after refill? I know if you put too much , you do need to do that. But if I haven't done any transmission work previously, all the fluid in my tranny are originals, manufactured. I think I will measure amount of old transmission fluid that I drain out and I will put exactly same amount back to the transmission assuming the temperature are all same (I don't drive it before drain/refill). Then I don't need to do any overflow /fluid level adjustment. right? Correct me if I am wrong.

Old 12-10-2023, 05:02 PM
Super Moderator

That's the website. Toyota may have cut a deal with Snap On to service the site, who knows.

If you can remove and replace the same amount of trans fluid it should work. Perhaps weighing the fluid would be more accurate as its volume would change with temperature or get both the trans oil and replacement at the same temp.

See private message.