General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014.5 Camry SE interior lights, Homelink, door lights not working

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2022, 08:21 AM
Default 2014.5 Camry SE interior lights, Homelink, door lights not working

I'm looking for some advice on troubleshooting a electrical issue in my 2014.5 Camry SE.

The following are not working:
1. Vanity lights
2. Interior lights, both front and back seat overhead
3. Personal lights
4. Door courtesy lights
5. Homelink buttons
6. Trunk light

Steps already taken to no avail:
1. Checked fuse in main fuse box under the hood, number 36 = Dome = Clock, vanity lights, interior lights, personal lights, trunk light, door courtesy lights. The fuse was good, but I replaced with a new one anyway. Keep in mind the Clock is working fine, so it can not be this fuse.
2. Checked fuse under the instrument panel, number 3 = Panel = Switch illumination, air conditioning system, shift lever light, glove box light, interior lights, personal lights, audio system, navigation system. Fuse was good, but I replaced it anyway. Not sure what they mean by Switch illumination, but A/C, Audio system and Nav are working fine, so it cannot be this fuse.
3. Battery is good.
4. Everything else is working, car runs great.
5. Checking the manual, those are the only 2 fuses that have anything to do with the items that are not working on my car.

The only work that has been done recently is I had the blower motor replaced because it would not turn on sometimes. I would turn the blower dial on and nothing would come out. After having that replaced it now works normally.

Any ideas on what to check next? I hate to take it to Toyota as they will cost way too much.

Old 01-20-2022, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by PonyXpress
I'm looking for some advice on troubleshooting a electrical issue in my 2014.5 Camry SE.

The following are not working:
1. Vanity lights
2. Interior lights, both front and back seat overhead
3. Personal lights
4. Door courtesy lights
5. Homelink buttons
6. Trunk light

Steps already taken to no avail:
1. Checked fuse in main fuse box under the hood, number 36 = Dome = Clock, vanity lights, interior lights, personal lights, trunk light, door courtesy lights. The fuse was good, but I replaced with a new one anyway. Keep in mind the Clock is working fine, so it can not be this fuse.
2. Checked fuse under the instrument panel, number 3 = Panel = Switch illumination, air conditioning system, shift lever light, glove box light, interior lights, personal lights, audio system, navigation system. Fuse was good, but I replaced it anyway. Not sure what they mean by Switch illumination, but A/C, Audio system and Nav are working fine, so it cannot be this fuse.
3. Battery is good.
4. Everything else is working, car runs great.
5. Checking the manual, those are the only 2 fuses that have anything to do with the items that are not working on my car.

The only work that has been done recently is I had the blower motor replaced because it would not turn on sometimes. I would turn the blower dial on and nothing would come out. After having that replaced it now works normally.

Any ideas on what to check next? I hate to take it to Toyota as they will cost way too much.
Where can I get the wiring diagram for this car? Friends are telling me to trace the circuits and look to see if any of the non working items go through a common relay.

Old 01-20-2022, 05:36 PM
Super Moderator

The lights are controlled by the Main Body ECU computer. The light switches go the ECU which then turn on the appropriate light.Start by checking the following fuses if equipped.

25A Door No 1

25A Door No 2

10A ECU-B

10A ECU-IG

7.5A ECU-ACC

Toyota has a U pay technical website, see below. For $20 you access technical info including wiring diagrams for 2 days.

https://techinfo.toyota.com

Old 01-20-2022, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by toyomoho
The lights are controlled by the Main Body ECU computer. The light switches go the ECU which then turn on the appropriate light.Start by checking the following fuses if equipped.

25A Door No 1

25A Door No 2

10A ECU-B

10A ECU-IG

7.5A ECU-ACC

Toyota has a U pay technical website, see below. For $20 you access technical info including wiring diagrams for 2 days.

https://techinfo.toyota.com
Thank you sir! I will check those tonight.

Old 01-20-2022, 07:11 PM

I'm not able to match up your list of fused to check vs the manual and fuse location. Only a couple of the names and fuse amp match. Can you kindly include fuse location numbers?

Old 01-21-2022, 01:06 PM
Super Moderator

The link below might help and be more accurate.

https://fuse-box.info/toyota/toyota-...012-2017-fuses

Old 01-27-2022, 08:34 AM

The issue turned out to be a wiring harness plug was not reconnected after the shop replaced the blower motor.

Old 01-27-2022, 11:28 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks for posting back with the fix.