General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

94 Camry v6 fuel issue

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2016, 12:00 AM
Default 94 Camry v6 fuel issue

I'm new to this forum and any help would be greatly appreciated. I have a 94 Camry le that sometimes seems to flood itself when trying to start but then runs like it is starving for fuel after it does start. It doesn't do it all the time but when it does the only way I have found to get it to start is to unplug the fuel pump and crank it until it starts and then quickly plug it back in while it is running. The outside temperature makes no difference, it does this on hot and cold days. After it starts once it will start back for the rest of the day no problem. When you drive it is absolutely gutless it will barely pull out of its tracks on flat ground. New plugs, new timing belt and both upstream oxygen sensors all less than a year ago.I have confirmed the cat is not plugged. Fuel pressure seems OK and there is no black smoke from the exhaust.

Old 03-24-2016, 10:33 PM
Super Moderator

Is this the 1MZ-FE engine model?

The engine then only has issues if it sits overnight?

It never has power even if revved up?

The engine still could be running rich without black smoke.

Old 04-02-2016, 02:54 AM

It is the 1mz-fe and when it happens it is always after sitting for more than 3 or 4 hours. It is very sluggish even when revving in neutral and I usually have to hold the throttle wide open for a minute after it starts to keep it running. I thought maybe an injector was leaking off but sometimes it starts right up after sitting. It is getting terrible gas mileage and I have to let it warm up for at least 10 minutes after starting or it doesn't even have the power to move..... Thanks for the response.