General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

blown fuse

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 08:15 AM
Default blown fuse

I have a 95 4cyl Camry been running great then the other day I shut it off and it will crank over but not start after cheking a few things I found it had a blown 30 amp fuse that is for the ignition I replaced the fuse and disconnected the wire to the ditributor as soon as i spun it over the fuse blew again I have never had any trouble till now and my guess it is the ignition switch itself that has shorted has anyone else had this same problem ?
thank you BUSHHAWG

Old 01-24-2011, 10:23 AM
Super Moderator

What label name does the fuse have?

Most likely this fuse also powers other circuits such as ign coil and injectors. There is a condenser on this circuit to reduce ign interference to the radio, it might have failed and is now shorted to the chassis. It is located near the ign coil, igniter area.

Might have a white/red wire going to it and a brown wire running from it to ground.

Old 01-24-2011, 04:52 PM

it is listed as AM2 IT BLOWS as soon as you turn the switch on

Old 01-25-2011, 09:52 AM
Super Moderator

This fuse powers the injectors, ign coil, igniter, engine and trans computers.

The wires on this circuit may be white/red in color.

Suggest you start first by determining if the the noise filter (condenser) is shorted, this would ground this power wire.

Then check other components.

Disconnect the power from this fuse to these components then reconnect one at a time until the fuse blows.

Old 01-26-2011, 05:53 PM

Only blows when swichted to on unhooked the distibuter and still blows do not know where the other places are to unplug but i went from fine to a dead short instantly I have a feeling it may be the ign. switch the car is a work car and every thing works on it A/C window eng. and auto trans are all good a new set of Michelin radial rides great but i have two trucks and don't want to spend a lot to get it goin again it get great gas mileage and has abuot 160000 on it I will take 500 right now as is was driving fine up untill a few days ago drove it to work everyday for three years with no problems
Thanks roy

Old 01-26-2011, 08:58 PM
Super Moderator

Are you stating the fuse does not blow when the ign switch is turned to ON but blows when the key is turned to start?

The ignition system will be on when the switch is ON. The injectors will be off. If you can find the power wire to the injector (might be white/red) disconnect it and determine what happens.