General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cooling fan problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 05:52 AM
Default Cooling fan problem

i have a 93 camry,this days when i start the engine in the morning,despite the low temperature ,the cooling fan turns at high speed,i don't know how i can do?

Old 02-14-2007, 02:48 PM
Default RE: Cooling fan problem

Sounds like faulty coolant temp switch. Disconnect temp switch connector and bridge connector. If this shuts off the fan then replace the switch. If not, could be ECT connector #1 or #2 continuity depending on temp. Either way, replace the switch.

Old 02-14-2007, 10:33 PM

buti don't know where the"coolant temp switch" is?could you tell me its place?
My car is Camry3.0 v6xle with 3vz-fe engine,hydraulic fan.

Old 02-15-2007, 09:29 AM

"3vz-fe engine,hydraulic fan", well that's a different kettle of fish. You should post your signature to include year, engine, etc. Your model has a separate cooling fan ECU located under the P/S dash as well as an engine temp switch. I still think this will be a faulty switch, so check that first. Your going to either have to download the online manual found on this site or get a Haynes. Checking this system is a little more involved. It appears the engine coolant temp switch is located under and to the right of the Power Steering pump which drives the cooling fan. It will be a two contact switch. If you have an OHM meter you can see if at cold temp there is continuity, if so I would change the switch as I suspect? this is a normaly open switch. Maybe just disconnecting the connector to see if fan stops might work. But get your info on the system first.

***Just found your identical post on "Toyota Nation" site, also with no specs on your vehicle. If you had aminimal amount of posting etiquette you would have had the courtesy to wait a bit for an answer from one site before trying to get everybody running around trying to help just because you're too cheap to buy a $17 manual.***

Old 02-16-2007, 12:21 PM

I'm sorry but please understand my urgency of repairing my car, since it is short of information on this kind of car in China. In this case, i don't know where to download the information. Thank you very much for your advice.

Old 02-16-2007, 04:53 PM

Manual Download.

http://www.turboninjas.com/camry/

Old 08-20-2007, 07:13 PM

replaced air cond line...one with high side port on it. replaced
freon 3 cans one with oil/conditioner. Now my blower fans
won't come on. I think one is suppose to come on with air conditioner
and one at select temp...neither come on. Relay????