General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 08-26-2015, 03:37 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Exterior
Print Wikipost

Flooding problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 11:21 PM
Default Flooding problems

I have a 2004 Camry LE and I've had this problem with the whole right side floor being flooded with water, both in front and back. I thought it might be from the AC unit but there is WAY too much water to be from that. I'm guessing its rain water but i don't know where it's leaking from (It's not cause i left the windows open). This has happened before and I was just wondering if it happened to anyone else. Any ideas where it could be leaking from or what the problem is?

Old 06-16-2010, 10:07 AM
Super Moderator

The post at the link below may apply to your situation.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/BO...water_leak.pdf

The bulletin also has a list of other possible causes on the last page.

Old 06-21-2010, 01:03 AM

I think it might be the seal problem but where exactly am I supposed to check for a leak?

Old 06-21-2010, 12:47 PM
Super Moderator

Good question.

Drain water from the windshield may go down the side of the car inside the fender to the ground.

Would assume water is getting into the box structure and leaking into the car. Hence looking into the access hole.

Also the sheet metal welded to the firewall in this area (upper door hinge) may not have been sealed properly from the outside.

Apply garden hose water to windshield then follow the water as it drains.

If both front and rear carpets are wet not sure if the above would be the problem.

Does the car have a sun roof, if so typically it has 4 drains, one at each corner of the roof frame. Perhaps these drain tubes have plugged up. This has been know to happen.

Old 10-27-2010, 10:53 AM
Default wet carpet = mold

i have been struggling w/ damp and wet carpet regardless of rain/weather...I've read a few postings on here which have been helpful... can anyone offer any other ideas for me? thank you

Old 10-27-2010, 09:17 PM
Super Moderator

Where is the location of the damp carpet? Year of Camry?

If front passengers side under dash, the AC Evaporator condensation pan drain tube may be plugged up.

Old 10-29-2010, 10:21 AM
Default damp/wetness in cabin

the water is a lot of volume, no real pattern - rain, use of a/c etc.
I think it may be the hose someone else referred to that is out of place and is supposed to flush out of the bottom of the car and instead is going under the carpet. so much that it soaks a hand towel and unfortunatly has begun to have some mold under BOTH seats = alot of cleaning on my part... other suggestions welcome, it's an '07 camry...

Old 10-29-2010, 11:02 AM
Super Moderator

Does the car have a sun roof?

If so the hoses that drain water from the sun roof channel around it may be leaking, or plugged with debris.

There is a drain hose at each corner the sun roof going down the roof pillar at each corner.

Toyota may have a technical service bulletin on this TSB B0005-07. Something to do with the hose clamps coming off the hose and allowing water to leak into the car.

Suggest you look in the left and right corners of the car under the dash. The hose would come down the pillar on each side, the I think down through the floor board. You can pull back the front passengers carpet and remove the side kick panel to look.

There is also drivers side kick panel.

If leaking in the rear carpet remove the lower seat cushion. It pulls up from the front being held a clip the plugs into a slot in the chassis. One clip the bottom of each side of the front of the seat about 6 inches inward from the side of the door.

When you pull up, you know where the clip is by the resistance felt.

Is the fluid water or perhaps radiator coolant. Coolant can leak out under the dash.

Old 10-29-2010, 12:14 PM

thanks toyomoho your input is helpful!

Old 01-08-2011, 12:13 AM

Nice inputs on that one. I think next time, a good carpet & floor protection would be a good thing to have. Also, try to really make things work out in your set up next time so that the flooding issues would be resolved.