General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Plz help to Identify this part (mirror)

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2011, 03:52 PM
Exclamation Plz help to Identify this part (mirror)

Hi

My wife got hit by car and passed away, to make long story short i will just tell you that the police of the Armenia(the country where it happened)
found the side mirror of the car which hit my wife, and they can not determine to which car it belongs to.
They suspect that it belongs to Toyota . I checked with dealers in United States,
but they could not help me and suggested me to contact aftermarket suppliers

We have photos of that mirror with the Manufacturer`s Logo and some numbers (maybe part number)

PLEASE can you take a look at the photos and tell me to which manufacturer that LOGO (emblem) belongs to?
if we find manufacturer than we will be able to find out what kind of car was that

HERE IS THE LINK FOR PHOTOS
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...1&l=f32cbe6ab1

I will really appreciate Your help.

Attached Thumbnails Plz help to Identify this part (mirror)-img_0001.jpg   Plz help to Identify this part (mirror)-img_0002.jpg   Plz help to Identify this part (mirror)-img_0009.jpg   Plz help to Identify this part (mirror)-img_0011.jpg   Plz help to Identify this part (mirror)-m2.jpg  

Last edited by albrekht; 01-21-2012 at 04:01 PM.
Old 12-10-2011, 07:51 PM
Super Moderator

The mirror may not be manufactured by the car maker but some third party.

If the logo is a trademark there are companies that will research the owner for a fee. See link below for an example.

Trademark Search

Old 12-10-2011, 09:00 PM

очень сожалею о вашей потере

well, for what it is, it is not a mirror. it looks like a mirror, as in mirror glass, inner case. it apparently is for a manual mirror system, as it does not show any openings for remote controls. most likely, one that is manually adjusted by hand.
reason I am saying this is because outer mirror cover itself should always have some points of attachments to car. this has none. no screw holes, snaps, clips, nothing. that's why I am saying that this is inner, not outer, part of mirror.
toyota camry mirror - Google Search

Old 12-12-2011, 12:02 PM

Thnak You very much Toyomoho, i will check you link

Ukrkoz it is a plastic cover for left side mirror, some cars has replaceable covers.

Old 12-12-2011, 07:33 PM
Super Moderator

Might hire a good private investigator.

There must also be investigators that investigate trade mark abuse, counterfeit part ID, etc.

Old 12-12-2011, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by toyomoho
Might hire a good private investigator.

There must also be investigators that investigate trade mark abuse, counterfeit part ID, etc.
it all happened in Armenia, you know. PIs are yet to "get there".

OK, I see that now. I can also see clips holding it to the mirror structure itself. Not likely it's a newer model then. They make them more streamlined, without covers nowadays.