General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Should I take it to mechanics urgently?
Yes go to mechanics
0%
No it's not urgent.
100.00%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Leak

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2022, 12:12 AM
Default Leak

Hi every one
I am really glad that I found this forum. I noticed a leak under my Camry - from the small pipe on the picture. It's never happened before but then again I only got the Camry in April this year, and today is the hottest day since then.
Would someone be able to advise what the pipe is and if I should take the car to the mechanics?
Thanks, Joannie

Old 10-20-2022, 09:19 AM
Super Moderator

If it was a hot day, were you using the cars air conditioning (AC) a lot? If so this could be just water.

The cars AC has an evaporator unit just like home AC systems. In the car the evaporator ts located in the center of the car under the dash board. The AC cold air coming off the evaporator cause the moisture in the air drawn from outside the car to condense and form water. The water has to go someplace or it will build up. This someplace is out the bottom of the car via a tube.

If your concerned, the next time you see the fluid on the ground move the car back and look at the fluid. If its water you will know. If its something else such as gasoline (doubt it) then time for mechanic.

The more humidity in the air the more moisture that will be condensed and drain out the bottom. If a hot and humid day that could be a lot.

Old 11-05-2022, 12:09 AM

Yea, that's definitely your AC evap drain, and nothing to worry about. It's working fine. Once I had mine clogged and it was filling the cabin with water. A $5 pipe cleaner fixed the issue.