General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Only One Door Unlocks Via Alarm Activator On '04 Camry

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2016, 07:19 PM
Default Only One Door Unlocks Via Alarm Activator On '04 Camry

A while back when I pressed my open door button from the opener on the keychain, it would only open the driver side door.

Recently, the driver's door is the only door that is unlocking upon the second press of the keychain unit.

When this first started, it would open all four doors on the second click some of the time, now it seems to be more constant.

When I press it the second time, it sounds like the car is not receiving or responding to the second signal.

If I attempt to open all four doors from the button on the driver door panel, that doesn't work either.

I have put in a new car battery in the last several months and had to reset the clocks (of course), but I've done that many times and never experienced this door phenomenon.

It can't be a fuse thing as it sometimes works/doesn't.

I tried re-programming so that when I stop the engine and remove the key, (the fourth option...it wasn't there before), that is all four doors are supposed to unlock when the key is removed, but they won't even open in that newer mode.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Old 04-08-2016, 11:46 PM
Super Moderator

Might be the body ECU.

Read the complete thread at the post below:

2003 camry door lock problem - Page 2 - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums

Old 04-15-2016, 04:08 PM

Thanks for your quick reply, I have limited internet access.

If I were to open (and lock) the doors five or six times in a twenty minute period (in 40 degree weather), it's hit or miss if all doors will be unlocked.

Although my particular scenario is not outdoor heat related, it probably is the solenoid as suggested in your link.

There was a link to a fix-it kit for the problem in your link that was cheaper than Toyota's. I'll keep it in mind.

Old 04-16-2016, 07:30 PM
Super Moderator

If you need a part, try Ebay or auto parts salvage yards for cheaper prices.