General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Turn signal work but not the hazard ?

Old 02-26-2009, 06:15 PM
Default Turn signal work but not the hazard ?

hi i have a 98 CE camry and i just replaced LEDs in my corner lights and finded out that they blinked fast and that i need a resistor ... that being said i just returned them back cuz i dint want to spend the money and time trying to find resistors and someone installing them ... so i puted my original bulbs back ( 1157 ) but now my hazard light dont light up but my turn signals do and everything else work fine ( rear, brake , turn ) ... did i fried a fuse or something ? they worked fine with the LEDs but the fast blinking made me almost kill someone with the noise i just want to go all back to normal ... i dint checked the fuse since its been raining and snowing for the past 2 days and i dont want to pay for checking that so i want to be sure before i get my hands frozen again and i hope that im saying the right thing by hazard lights ( i mean my corner light light up when i light up my dash i think thats what they called them ) can anyone help me with this ? thanks !!

Old 02-27-2009, 05:51 AM

You may have separate flasher unit for 4-ways and turn signals. Can't say LEDs would have fried anything because I think they draw very little current. Usually when lights blink faster it's due to too much current running through flasher unit, for example when you hook up trailer lights. The solution then is to install a heavy duty flasher unit that will handle the extra current.

Old 02-27-2009, 12:50 PM

i dont kno if this is valuable info but when i unlock my door with my remote control ( car starter ) they flash one to lock and twice to unlock ( the flashers ) now they dont

Old 02-27-2009, 03:57 PM

Looking at wiring diagram there is only one flasher for both turn and hazard signals. There are however separate fuses. The hazard fuse is 10amp while the turn signal fuse is 7.5amp. Check your fuses again.

Old 03-01-2009, 04:56 PM

thanks for tyour time pedro really appriciate it ! okay i checked the fuse boxe under my steering wheel and there was a blue cable hanging there connected to nothing and its seems to be cutted or pulled of of something ... i cant see were its from ... anyways i checked the fuses they seem fine ... imma call toyota in a few days if i cant solve the problem ... and in a other issue my third braking light ( the one in my back window ) works once in a while ... depending on what song i got on ( i mean the bass ) i have a 500 amp with 2 12" subs and when the bass hits hard it will not make it work and puts its back on ... like theres something loose ... i check the bulb its all black on top but it still lights up once in a while ... should i change the bulb or how can i pull off my back light and bulb without having the rear brake light indicator on it vibrates so much on my window . is there a short circuit and that its related to my hazard lights and my electrical system is all ****ed up ? im a big noob im just starting to learn !