General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

UGLY problem , please help!

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 04:49 PM
Default RE: UGLY problem , please help!

Does the kind of oil I use make a difference? also when I cleaned out the EGR I only used a scribe to scrape away the buildup, how do you recommend using the cleaners? I couldnt take the EGR completely off because it was attached to some kind of air rubber line on the left side of it (as you look at it) and I couldnt tell if it was glued on because it wouldnt come off when I tried to pull it off, today its been running good for the most part, exept for the fact that it wont start up right away it wants to turn over but it wont until the second or third time, it shut off on me once right after it started up , could this still be the EGR causing this? maybe I dint clean it good enough, because I dint use the carb cleaner, I dont suppose that you can just spray carb cleaner in there, do you have to let it air out afterwards? do you take the EGR completely apart or do you just clean it through the holes on the mating surfaces?
THANKS.