General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vibration problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2023, 11:49 AM

I'm going to put about 150 more miles on before doing another re-fill and a new filter, I'll re post the findings on the condition of the "dirty" filter which I fully expect to see and for any larger particles found on it and or in the bottom of the pan. tick tock - tick tock.

Old 04-10-2023, 07:08 PM

I just found out that we the general public can't go no line and get any Service Bulletins or any Software Fix's as that info is PRIVILEGED or BEHIND LOCKED DOORS information only to a MEMBERS ONLY Mechanics type of club.
Kinda S U C K S WE CAN ONLY GET safety re calls on or through the internet system and NO Engine or Drive Train problems. That's kinda like letting "Fox" guard the chicken coop.

Old 04-11-2023, 12:16 PM
Super Moderator

Safety recalls would be required to be posted somewhere per federal law. Toyota would be obligated to inform the current vehicle owner.

A technical bulletin is a Toyota concern for something not a recall. One can work backwards as in if looking for bulletins on a transmission by searching for them under the transmission model. There are sites that list bulletins but you will need to search under the number to find out what it involves.

Old 04-11-2023, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by toyomoho
Safety recalls would be required to be posted somewhere per federal law. Toyota would be obligated to inform the current vehicle owner.

A technical bulletin is a Toyota concern for something not a recall. One can work backwards as in if looking for bulletins on a transmission by searching for them under the transmission model. There are sites that list bulletins but you will need to search under the number to find out what it involves.
Joey, thanks for the info :>)

Old 04-20-2023, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by mjgord51
I'm going to put about 150 more miles on before doing another re-fill and a new filter, I'll re post the findings on the condition of the "dirty" filter which I fully expect to see and for any larger particles found on it and or in the bottom of the pan. tick tock - tick tock.
Had the wrong filter so just did a drain and re-fill again and still very dirty fluid. Thinking on considering doing the "gravity" trans pump fluid push deal . I have two filter kits coming one for soon and other will be at around 20,000 miles later, book says change every 30,000 miles I'll honor that 30,000 after the 20,000 then every 30,000 for then on. Still hopping to bite the bullet on this one.

Last edited by mjgord51; 08-14-2023 at 09:27 PM.
Old 04-20-2023, 09:51 PM
Super Moderator

Keep us posted on this.

Old 04-20-2023, 10:22 PM

Keep us posted on this.
tick tock tick tock

Old 04-23-2023, 04:46 PM

WOW what a PITA to change the filter as one of the pan bolts you can't get a socket on it as the frame is in the way and so I almost was thinking of raising up the Motor to get a socket on that " tight quarters " bolt. I was able to get a #10mm smaller end wrench in there still not much room to maneuver it around but 15 minutes later it was out, back in was another story 25 minutes later it was in but I was only getting it tight by the end wrench NOT a torque wrench so had to guess on that.

From the last re-fill fluid only change 515 mi's ago the fluid this time was more to the red side then before so sooner or later the trans pump/gravity fluid flush deal will need to be done and at same time one more filter & fluid change will be done then I'll drive it 2 or 3 thousands miles then a fluid re-fill hopefully the last time, I'll still do a 15 to 20,000 mile fluid change before following up with the 30,000 fluid changes.
more info will be coming - - - - - tick tock tick tock.

Old 04-24-2023, 09:22 AM
Super Moderator

Great job!

When installing bolt by hand, small bolts tend to be over torqued and large ones under torqued. If the gasket on the pan is not leaking it should be fine.

If the filter was clean when changed then a one time change is fine.

Search online for the official Toyota transmission fluid color chart. After going to WS fluid Toyota developed a color chart to compare in car transmission fluid to the chart and determine its condition based on the color. Doubt doing drain and refills one can ever get all the old fluid out but enough.

Old 08-14-2023, 09:42 PM
Smile

Great job!

When installing bolt by hand, small bolts tend to be over torqued and large ones under torqued. If the gasket on the pan is not leaking it should be fine.

If the filter was clean when changed then a one time change is fine.

Search online for the official Toyota transmission fluid color chart. After going to WS fluid Toyota developed a color chart to compare in car transmission fluid to the chart and determine its condition based on the color. Doubt doing drain and refills one can ever get all the old fluid out but enough.
Couldn't get a torque wrench on that one bolt but I used my end wrench to "test " the torque on others so as to apply same to the hard to get at bolt.
You'd think after 5 or 6 gal's of new fluid it would be enough to matter. From the last change 2,000 miles was ran then this weekend I changed the fluid and filter and Color is getting much better to what you'd expect from a normal change period. And still no Vibration still to date. Still keeping my fingers crossed.

Quick Reply: Vibration problem