New Member Area New to Toyota Camry Forums? Stop in tell us about you.

93 camry wagon rear lighting problems

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2005, 02:19 AM
Default 93 camry wagon rear lighting problems

Hello all, I am new here and my problems drove me to know you,

Main sympthom is

1, All rear lights are off while their switch has turned on(evening/night driving mode), except license plate is on;
2, front lights and all braking lights work well(properly)
3, no blow(bad) fuses & bulbs found from all fuse boxes as shown in owner's manual(three boxes in engine compartment, one locates underneath Instrument Panel and another one locates Passenger's side kick Panel);
4, fuses those concerns to lighting had been exchanged each other for testing purpose and the problem still there
5, voltages @ bulbs-mounted bases could not be detected by multimeter when night driving switch mode is on;
6, warning indicator in Instrument panel is always on and it show the problem existing properly.

possible causes and problems solved

7, At very beginning rear left braking didn't work and found its bulb with fault short(connected each other within two worn tips(nips) of the bulb(double filement), cut it and the bulb work fine

confused questions

8, none rear side lights(bulb, model 194 as instructed in manual) were found( I checked all bulbs@rear lighting bases);

9, there is a text instruction for rear side marker lights in p.214 of the owner's manual but none illustrating figure in further pages at all. combining with #8 above, what bulbs should be for rear side marker lights?

10, I doubt #1 above was cause by #7 but none of fuses found to be burned; maybe a related relay burned?

11, With "Haynes repair Manual" 92 thru 96, all models, found no significant info so far. How and where I can get effective info for these problems?

all u, any suggestion and experiences are welcome!!

Thank you very much!!!

Swed

Old 11-14-2005, 02:50 PM
Administrator
Default RE: 93 camry wagon rear lighting problems

i had the same problem with my truck because the lights used a common ground, and the ground wire was bad.