New Member Area New to Toyota Camry Forums? Stop in tell us about you.

cabin air filter?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 07:28 PM
Default cabin air filter?

Hey everyone, I am new to the forum. I have a question about the cabin air filter. Where is it located and how difficult is it to change out. I kind of have a mildewey type smell when I initially turn the fan on in my 97 camry. It goes away after about 30 seconds I guess. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

Old 12-08-2007, 12:40 AM
Default RE: cabin air filter?

I went to the dealership - and they said its lifetime. The placement ov an a/c filter is usually behind the glovebox on a camry but i didn't see one when i took it out so i eventually too the dealers' word for it. LOL. Finally- someone @ the dealer**** who wasn't trying to make an easy buck.

Old 12-08-2007, 05:41 PM

ORIGINAL: OnE_To_HatE

I went to the dealership - and they said its lifetime. The placement ov an a/c filter is usually behind the glovebox on a camry but i didn't see one when i took it out so i eventually too the dealers' word for it. LOL. Finally- someone @ the dealer**** who wasn't trying to make an easy buck.
I recently went to a "new car owner's" presentation at my dealership. It was run like a late night informercial. Hawked all of their products and services as often as they could and wanted us to change our cabin filters every 5 months.

They gave us a free oil change coupon and a car wash for our troubles.

Old 12-08-2007, 09:52 PM

On my 05camry its located behind the glove box. Its kinda hard to find if you dont know what your looking for but its there. Depending on conditions i recommend it get change every 6months -1 yr...It works just like a household air filter ...Trapping elements of debrie and such resulting in cleaner air, and ifyou have someone like me that has a nice big diesel that can throw a black cloud of smoke infront of you...Or a really run down car on its last leg that smells like gas and smokes like a chimney . It cant hurt to change.
On a different note...when have dealers been honest?